Functional Vents OEM Style

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it!
Wow another Thunder Racing Bunny Supra Greenville, SC owner. I don’t know if they (TRB) take new customers but with you living that close, it’s worth a shot visiting them & see what they recommend to do step wise to your Supra. Especially if you want to track her.

And yes, beautiful functional vents. On my to do list as well!
Sponsored

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Wow another Thunder Racing Bunny Supra Greenville, SC owner. I don’t know if they (TRB) take new customers but with you living that close, it’s worth a shot visiting them & see what they recommend to do step wise to your Supra. Especially if you want to track her.

And yes, beautiful functional vents. On my to do list as well!
Highly recommend TBR. Their service manager knows a lot about A90 platform and BMWs. Quality of work is excellent.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
The auxiliary radiators are right behind our Open Front Bumper Vents. Airflow should be improved compared to the factory closed vents.

https://oemplusmods.com/products/open-front-vents-toyota-gr-supra-a90-91

IMG_1901.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg
Right! It’s something we never even noticed because we never removed the fender liner.
That is the rear of the radiator. These $180 "vents" do not give one ounce of air to the radiators what so ever since the air channeling ducting connected to the radiators are fit into the front of the bumper.

This claim is 100% false.

20191010_204143_resize.jpg

7D00D81A-7B24-41B4-A9DC-A42D74C690DE.jpg

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That is the rear of the radiator. These $180 "vents" do not give one ounce of air to the radiators what so ever since the air channeling ducting connected to the radiators are fit into the front of the bumper.

This claim is 100% false.

20191010_204143_resize.jpg

7D00D81A-7B24-41B4-A9DC-A42D74C690DE.jpg
While I had the same assumption, this image clearly shows, at least on driver side that there is some gap..

IMG_1902.jpeg

EDIT

Maybe not that much!!
That's shady man! put the all components in there!!

#2020 Toyota Supra Front Bumper Removal & Horn Install.mp4_snapshot_02.37_[2023.08.26_22.09.46...jpg

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
While I had the same assumption, this image clearly shows, at least on driver side that there is some gap..

IMG_1902.jpeg
Yes there will be air coming in, but not to the radiator what so ever. The radiator ducting is in the way and takes air in from the front. Again, that air coming through those “vents” ain’t touching the radiator in any way. See the photos of the ducting I posted. You can easily see this is the case by looking into the bumper intake into the ducting.

That photo you put the arrows in is showing the BACK of the radiator. The air coming INTO the radiator from the ducting is exhausting out the rear of the radiator into the fender well.

At best, those “vents” are introducing air pressure into the void inside the bumper which will create unnecessary drag.

IMG_2045.jpeg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yes there will be air coming in, but not to the radiator what so ever. The radiator ducting is in the way and takes air in from the front. Again, that air coming through those “vents” ain’t touching the radiator in any way. See the photos of the ducting I posted. You can easily see this is the case by looking into the bumper intake into the ducting.

That photo you put the arrows in is showing the BACK of the radiator. The air coming INTO the radiator from the ducting is exhausting out the rear of the radiator into the fender well.

At best, those “vents” are introducing air pressure into the void inside the bumper which will create unnecessary drag.
I was investigating and editing my post.
Indeed you are right! Some air are coming in, but not to the aux rad. I mean aux rad already has direct ducting to it that does not allow any air from anywhere but the front anyhow. Was still hoping to see a way but I guess not.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I was investigating and editing my post.
Indeed you are right! Some air are coming in, but not to the aux rad. I mean aux rad already has direct ducting to it that does not allow any air from anywhere but the front anyhow. Was still hoping to see a way but I guess not.
you are right, seems like there is a separate duct for the auxiliary radiators.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Any idea when the hood vents will be in stock? Looks like a great product.
we should have them shortly! Will make an announcement here 🙂

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
ETA for gloss? 🙂
We will try to make a new batch for gloss this month in October. Together with our front bumper vents.
Sponsored