akasonny

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
oh thanks for the info! ill keep that in mind. i actually had to run it all the way to the back end of the middle console. thats where all of them meet.
oh thanks for the info! ill keep that in mind. i actually had to run it all the way to the back end of the middle console. thats where all of them meet.
Yeah its pretty tight all around it. I can see some advanced planning is required. And...I still have to come up with a backplate for the other project. This DIY stuff is supposed to be rewarding, right?

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Downshift Blue Supra
This thread motivated me to do a little exploration.

I went the route of pulling some fuses to see which one would kill power to the courtesy lights and I found F62 worked. I tried F61 first and the lights stayed on. F36, lights stayed on. F62 lights went out, yay but no yay.

F62 will kill power to the courtesy lights so I went ahead and wired up some lights but when you close the door or turn off the courtesy lights the lights in the foot well stayed on. They will turn off after 6 minutes of ignition off but the door will not activate/deactivate them.

I'm wondering if the signal to activate/deactivate the lights is triggered by one of the data subsystems in the car and doesn't happen at the fuse box. I just finished goofing around with this so I'm not sure if the lights will stay on while driving but I suspect they will. I still have three more fuses to try...which is a PITA because I'm on my back staring up to see those darn things.

It's not hard to get wires from the driver's side to the passenger side...I just used a wire fish that I bought from Home Depot years ago. Pulling a wire for a LED light from the driver's side to the fuse box is easy peasy.

Last edited:

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sooooo.....

I've tried all of the fuses that are listed for the courtesy lights. The lights will not turn off when the car is locked, so these will not act like the overhead courtesy lights.

OP
OP
akasonny

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sooooo.....

I've tried all of the fuses that are listed for the courtesy lights. The lights will not turn off when the car is locked, so these will not act like the overhead courtesy lights.
At least youā€™ve established
Sooooo.....

I havenā€™t had a chance to check it all out here as garage temps have been 110 degrees lately. Many thanks for your work.

Since existing courtesy lights do shut off and warning lights appear in the instrument cluster (door ajar) there are obviously door sensors installed. The issue is to identify where Toyota grabs the door sensor power. The normal target would then be ā€œcourtesy lightsā€.

Whats needed is an interior wiring schematic. BTW, Toyota Parts does list floorwell lights as evidenced by the EU models but I couldnā€™t locate a wiring harness for them. And so, anybody have access to wiring shematics?

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At least youā€™ve established

I havenā€™t had a chance to check it all out here as garage temps have been 110 degrees lately. Many thanks for your work.

Since existing courtesy lights do shut off and warning lights appear in the instrument cluster (door ajar) there are obviously door sensors installed. The issue is to identify where Toyota grabs the door sensor power. The normal target would then be ā€œcourtesy lightsā€.

Whats needed is an interior wiring schematic. BTW, Toyota Parts does list floorwell lights as evidenced by the EU models but I couldnā€™t locate a wiring harness for them. And so, anybody have access to wiring shematics?
I was happy to help out and post up so at least others would know what to expect if they used those fuses. It's hot here in TX too. I've got a portable A/C for the garage which helps. I also got up before the sun came out. It was only about 80 degrees out there.

I agree that a wiring schematic would be needed in order to get any lights to behave like the EU foot well lights. If you find something post up, and I'll do the same.

OP
OP
akasonny

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was happy to help out and post up so at least others would know what to expect if they used those fuses. It's hot here in TX too. I've got a portable A/C for the garage which helps. I also got up before the sun came out. It was only about 80 degrees out there.

I agree that a wiring schematic would be needed in order to get any lights to behave like the EU foot well lights. If you find something post up, and I'll do the same.
I would think someone here has access to a shop manual for the electrical system. It would make this so much easier.

OP
OP
akasonny

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This thread motivated me to do a little exploration.

I went the route of pulling some fuses to see which one would kill power to the courtesy lights and I found F62 worked. I tried F61 first and the lights stayed on. F36, lights stayed on. F62 lights went out, yay but no yay.

F62 will kill power to the courtesy lights so I went ahead and wired up some lights but when you close the door or turn off the courtesy lights the lights in the foot well stayed on. They will turn off after 6 minutes of ignition off but the door will not activate/deactivate them.

I'm wondering if the signal to activate/deactivate the lights is triggered by one of the data subsystems in the car and doesn't happen at the fuse box. I just finished goofing around with this so I'm not sure if the lights will stay on while driving but I suspect they will. I still have three more fuses to try...which is a PITA because I'm on my back staring up to see those darn things.

It's not hard to get wires from the driver's side to the passenger side...I just used a wire fish that I bought from Home Depot years ago. Pulling a wire for a LED light from the driver's side to the fuse box is easy peasy.
I'm late in responding. Sorry. There could very well be a "software switch" embeded in the ECU. As I recall...there are other courtesy light fuses besides 61/62 but I've forgotten them. I need to play around with this stuff but temps are just too hot here. Pending project...

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm late in responding. Sorry. There could very well be a "software switch" embeded in the ECU. As I recall...there are other courtesy light fuses besides 61/62 but I've forgotten them. I need to play around with this stuff but temps are just too hot here. Pending project...
No worries. I tried ALL of the fuses listed for the courtesy lights. 6 of them if memory serves and none of them operate with the door opening and closing.

OP
OP
akasonny

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No worries. I tried ALL of the fuses listed for the courtesy lights. 6 of them if memory serves and none of them operate with the door opening and closing.
Kyle suggested 245 ... the rear hatch...fo4 the footwell. Iā€™m unsure if the doors are on the same circuit but itā€™ll be my next project to try.
Iā€™m finishing up the rear 12v module now (see above/prior posts). Itā€™ll be pretty sharp...looks OEM.

Supbrah

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kyle suggested 245 ... the rear hatch...fo4 the footwell. Iā€™m unsure if the doors are on the same circuit but itā€™ll be my next project to try.
Iā€™m finishing up the rear 12v module now (see above/prior posts). Itā€™ll be pretty sharp...looks OEM.
I did not try any of the fuses in the rear hatch area. My guess (purely) is the lights are software controlled. If I get bored when the temps go down I may try it but Iā€™m hoping you try it first. :)

OP
OP
akasonny

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did not try any of the fuses in the rear hatch area. My guess (purely) is the lights are software controlled. If I get bored when the temps go down I may try it but Iā€™m hoping you try it first. :)
Yeah ok, LOL.

menaman53

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2015 FRS 1.0
I am having some trouble locating a fuse box, I have a 2020 Supra and the right (passenger side) headlight is out, the plug from car to headlight has no power to it. The photo I posted is from the manual and the first photo indicates it is located at BDC, I have located the Front and Rear fuse box's, however I can not figure out what BDC stands for. I removed the panel from the drivers side dash below steering column but no fuse box there. I am trying to locate F1 and F3, possibly they may each feed each headlight. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Dave

IMG_2589.JPG

OP
OP
akasonny

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am having some trouble locating a fuse box, I have a 2020 Supra and the right (passenger side) headlight is out, the plug from car to headlight has no power to it. The photo I posted is from the manual and the first photo indicates it is located at BDC, I have located the Front and Rear fuse box's, however I can not figure out what BDC stands for. I removed the panel from the drivers side dash below steering column but no fuse box there. I am trying to locate F1 and F3, possibly they may each feed each headlight. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Dave

IMG_2589.JPG
The fuse panel, in the front, is on the passenger side in the footwell.

menaman53

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2015 FRS 1.0
The fuse panel, in the front, is on the passenger side in the footwell.
Yes, I have located that one, it is the one on the top of page 307, the one I am trying to find is first photo under "fuse informations" indicated location is BDC. It is a bit confusing as at the bottom of the first photo the dot with Front is just below photo and BDC is at top left of photo and looking at page 307 the fuse box with the dot Rear is the bottom photo location at top left of photo.
Sponsored