Glass Replacement

KalanYe

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Not to get into too much of the drama, but I have had really bad luck with trying to get my windshield replaced. The first shop had really bad communication and the second shop had my car and I for almost 3 hours just for them to tell me their tech didn't know how to pull the camera for calibration...

Have any of you had to replace your windshield or know of any shops that know how to replace our windshield with recalibration of the camera? I'm located in South Seattle and open to driving for quality work as long as it will work with my insurance of course haha
Sponsored

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Not cool. I am leaving to get mine replaced in about 15 minutes. I hope Safelite knows what they are doing.

pal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2, 2013 Audi TT RS, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
West Coast Auto Glass in Lynwood is stellar. Good work and great customer service. They did a windshield on my M2 with sensor programming, on two of my buddy’s M2’s and on my wife’s 2019 Golf R.

OP
OP
KalanYe

KalanYe

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Let me know how it goes and what shop it was if it ends up being a success lol. It just sucks with lead time on getting glass it was like 1.5 months for them to get it and when they told me they couldn't do the work they got my car back to me covered in handprints on the windshield, rearview mirror, infotainment screen and even my seat! Like a slap in the face to have me sit there that long and then bring my car back like that

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Safelite in South Seattle filled out a chip with no issues on mine last year.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Had my windshield replaced by Safelite about a month ago. No issues at all. They completed the job in under three hours. My insurance covered it all.

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Also like to chip in and say Eastside Mobile in Issaquah is pretty decent too. Filled a chip in my windshield without any drama.

orvillesd

First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2018 Civic Type R
Expect to run into some complications If you have a model with a HUD and/or radar assist. In my case, I was serviced by a Safelite in SoCal that had limited special resources to calibrate the radar assist with the new glass. Instead of a couple of hours it took 2 days because of poor communication on their part.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Safelite did mine just fine. Ask if they have any employees that specialize in BMW window replacements. The guy who did mine said 90% of the cars he replaces windows on are BMW and knew how to do it right.

monkahead

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV MY23 B48B20 (30i)
Has anyone replaced a quarter side glass? I'm sure it must be cut out, same as a windshield but did anyone do this in a safe manner, not scratching the chassis or damaging the roof's upholstery, maybe using WRD Auto Glass Tools?

62710WAA01-2.jpg

62710WAA01-0.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: