Gonna send out DME next week but can't decide between shippers.

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
Current options are Visconti, A90Shop, and EastCoastSupra. Both Visconti says it's about a week long process, meanwhile A90Shop (cheapest option) has it for 2 weeks long. Anyone with experience care to recommend?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ReiH

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
@zrk @mokleen @Avarela99 thanks for input. I'll look into epc.

Looking into BM3 for customrom and also interested in the flex fuel kit with it. I can just send out the DME and add the kit later right?

OP
OP
ReiH

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
Yup! I think they do their trip to Femto soon so i would hit them up quickly
Yeah I saw their next shipment is tomorrow! I guess I'll have to wait for the next one rip..

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
If you’re ballsy, here’s the instructions to ship directly. The fact they want you to declare a lower amount is pushing me to go with EPC

- DME needs to be sent to us for the initial unlock
After that:
- Flashing is available with use of our own femto obd flasher *beta* ONLY (If you want other flashers to work with our unlock - ask their support to add this option)
- Only calibration (swfk) area is available for OBD writing (*)
- We can flash software (swfl) area only while your DME is at our labs upon your request (*)
- Another option (petrol only!): MGFlasher / MHD or Bm3 app (purchased separately) - check next message for details. Please explicitly indicate if you wish to use this option.
- Prices are: EUR 750/each ECU for the M series cars, EUR 600/each ECU for others
- V8 Engines are eqipped with 2xECUs
- Shipping cost NOT included
- If we are taking you into our beta program, we'll be asking you to mention us (@femtoevo) in your upcoming Instagram posts/stories.

(*) please consult with your tuner/workshop.

* Please consult with each of the flashers support will they work for you or not *
Unlocking options:
1. Regular unlock - you can upload calibration (ONLY!) area using femto obd flasher beta, mgflasher, mhd and bm3
2. Custom unlock - requires preloading of custom code for each of the flashers (if applicable, such as torque limiter removal, map switching etc).
Currently we can preload:
- mgflasher custom code: app adjustable torque limiter patch;
- mhd: torque limiter removal patch;
- bm3/S58 engines only: CustomROM including map switching, flex fuel, antilag, in-dash ethanol content check on rpm gauge, etc;
- bm3/other engines: torque limiter removal patch.

For option *2* you need to decide which flasher are you going to use, because their custom code can't be re-used for each other and can be uploaded only while your ECU is at our labs.
Please consult with flasher of your choice about your exact VIN support and their custom code availability, since we can't track their changes.

It should be temporary export from your side, and temporary import from our side.
ECUs will be sent for testing (not repair or reflashing).
This what we were told by our shipping company:
1. Do not use DDP (delivered duty paid)
2. Declared value (if was requested by shipping company) - no more than EUR 40/each ECU
3. Explicitly indicate that this is a temporary export and unit will be returned back
4. Goods description - "used engine control unit, for testing"

Rough location is Helsinki, Finland.
DHL Express only.

We'll provide you full address once you confirm that it's possible for you to ship this way.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Euro Performance. All day without a doubt.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Yeah I saw their next shipment is tomorrow! I guess I'll have to wait for the next one rip..
I shipped it out myself to Femto without a middle man I also made a thread documenting my experience it was honestly very easy. If you pay anyone to do it for you you’re paying a middle man to handle the logistics and honestly if the DME gets lost through any shop they won’t cover it and it’ll be a headache regardless.

But the folks at Femto are very detailed in how to send it to them and you save some coin. I paid about $900 with shipping to and from Finland for my unlock back in October.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I shipped it out myself to Femto without a middle man I also made a thread documenting my experience it was honestly very easy. If you pay anyone to do it for you you’re paying a middle man to handle the logistics and honestly if the DME gets lost through any shop they won’t cover it and it’ll be a headache regardless.

But the folks at Femto are very detailed in how to send it to them and you save some coin. I paid about $900 with shipping to and from Finland for my unlock back in October.
im a little confused on the payment part. Did you ship and provide the tracking prior to payment? Declaring a lower value also has me sketched out

edit: reading your post now. Thanks so much!

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Declared values are fibbed all the time, even by legit vendors. Customs agents don't really have time to look up what the true value of your DME is (or every other package coming through). What would raise eyebrows is if Femto started receiving hundreds of "gift" packages. The 40 EUR value is because they don't want to pay tariffs when receiving your DME.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I was recently in Helsinki and asked EPC how hard it would be to just bring it directly to them. They said it wasn’t possible (they only do large quantities at a time).

Later I found out from local Supra dudes it wasn’t just that
. It’s like a supperrr secretive process. Like rent a hotel room, leave suitcase of DMEs in the room, come back later. Repeat in reverse when completed. No physical contact or addresses. James Bond shit lol.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I was recently in Helsinki and asked EPC how hard it would be to just bring it directly to them. They said it wasn’t possible (they only do large quantities at a time).

Later I found out from local Supra dudes it wasn’t just that
. It’s like a supperrr secretive process. Like rent a hotel room, leave suitcase of DMEs in the room, come back later. Repeat in reverse when completed. No physical contact or addresses. James Bond shit lol.
you can contact femto directly, but it does take a few days to get a response.