Has the Manual been Dropped in UK?

TheangryEngineer

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx7 FD3S, Subaru S202, Impreza V4 sti coupe, st185
Don't know how many times it needs to be said on here. But there is no order system. Dealer puts in desired spec and Toyota just sends an allocation and hope it matches or close to your spec. They don't build to specific specs sent in.
Well to be honest I haven't read all the past info on ordering as I literally joined the forum and collected the car...... but interesting to see that Toyota has such a terrible allocation system for new cars, especially when you pay for the more expensive model and get handed a lower grade. I'll defo have to take it up with the dealer again. Pretty poor when your talking about a 50k+ car.......

Aside from that I do love it........truly stunning machine in the flesh
Sponsored

TheangryEngineer

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's a pretty interesting development. I wonder if it will be the same here in Australia. Some of ya'll maybe just bought unicorns!
Thats what Im hoping.....

Strange it's been dropped after such a short run of sales. Perhaps not profitable/limited orders and Toyota decided to call time on it?

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Mine is a non-pro as well, the only things I miss from the LC are the Android Auto and HUD.

TheangryEngineer

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just an update, the dealer has been really good and opened a support query with Toyota UK to investigate. At least he was decent and actually followed up and I didnā€™t have to chase itā€¦.. will be interesting to see what Toyota say/do/offerā€¦.. Iā€™ll let you know when I know. Might even get some inside info on the manual sales (or lack of)

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Just an update, the dealer has been really good and opened a support query with Toyota UK to investigate. At least he was decent and actually followed up and I didnā€™t have to chase itā€¦.. will be interesting to see what Toyota say/do/offerā€¦.. Iā€™ll let you know when I know. Might even get some inside info on the manual sales (or lack of)
Glad to hear. And yes thank you, while you got them on your case would be great to have more info on the manual being dropped, eager to hear about this.

I checked the website today just to see, and yeah, definitely still not there, question is whether it's temporary or permanently gone. šŸ¤”

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I checked the website today just to see, and yeah, definitely still not there, question is whether it's temporary or permanently gone. šŸ¤”
Well if it's anything like the Australian website, it's not to be trusted. Our site takes months to update with new/dropped options.

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
A quick carwow search gives
You the option of the MT., but i
Didnā€™t go
Any further

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A quick carwow search gives
You the option of the MT., but i
Didnā€™t go
Any further
I bought several cars through carwow been using it for years, and to be honest, nearly every single time, their model selection and spec sheet/trim names are very unreliable and outdated. It's great to find the best dealer price, then you get in touch with them and you fine tune your build based on what's actually available/correct and you just keep on par with the original quote.

Almost guaranteed to you, if you build the Supra as MT, you'll then get a message if you respond to them, saying the build is expired/they can't fill the order and you'll need to rebuild it as an AT.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
I ordered my Pro manual and just collected
It todayā€¦.. got it home and realised it wasnā€™t a ā€˜proā€™.
Hello to a fellow Lightning Yellow Supra owner in Belfast! Looks like you picked your car up from the same dealer if that the temporary location for Charles Hurst Toyota on the Boucher Road as I had my MR2 serviced there a month ago.
I've had my 3.0 Pro for a while now and I love it, they are a bit rare over here - I've only seen one locally in metallic grey so they do attract attention (sometimes the wrong kind! as someone tailgates you)
Enjoy your new car as it would cost so much more for anything else with the same drama.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
Sorry for the above post! I'm not au fait with replying to comments obviously!
So, to @TheangryEngineer I just wanted to say hello to a fellow Supra owner in Belfast! and by the looks of things we both got our cars from the same dealer!
Mine took an age to deliver (10 months), but the salesperson managed to negotiate two free services for me when the delivery was taking over 7 months and tried their best to get an even better goodwill gesture from Toyota GB but were unsuccessful. So, the team in Charles Hurst Toyota are very good, my first service even having a video of the checks on the underside of the car (tyre tread depth, brake disc wear, etc. )
Hope you enjoy your car, they certainly draw attention (sometimes the wrong sort!), especially in Lightning Yellow!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
To get it straight, they told you it was a Pro (premium here in the US), charged you for a Pro and paid for a Pro? Yes they do the ā€œpretendā€ spec ordering sheet but typically will let you know itā€™s a ā€œwishā€ list only. Back when they could match allocations better. Out of habit I suppose.

Anyway dude, sorry to hear. Hope you get the Premium (Pro) rear calipers. That would be another concern to me at least. And hopefully you paid for the right spec car šŸ˜¢

If not, ask for the credit to make it exactly how you want (ordered) it.

Foxes

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro 6MT
Hello Sir,
Did you get an update from the dealer?

When ordering I was very specific (GR Supra COUPE 3.0 Pro Manual 3dr) and wanted to know what spec and trim level. They directed me to GR Supra Manual and the salesperson and I went through it On the page it stated that the 6MT Model was, in fact, a model GR Supra, but when I questioned them about it being a pro model, I was told not to worry as that information was out of date and it goes from their stock allocation that was clearly stating a GR Supra Pro Manual.

I pointed out that there was a price difference between the GR Supra (Ā£53495) and the GR Supra Pro (Ā£57495) and that I was quoted for the Pro. So I made them confirm Electric Seats, butt warmer, full leather and HUD (Before seeing your post).

Placed the order, and a few days passed and I got a call to tell me the seats are an Alcantara and Leather mix and no butt warming facilities. To be fair this is not a deal breaker for me as I don't intend to be driving on days that I will be needing it. But from reading your post I am getting worried this is in fact, a non-pro and they are pushing for the Pro Price.

After reading your post I called them back and asked them to confirm Spec and trim. Their paperwork was very light and simply states - GR Supra COUPE 3.0 Pro 3dr. If it is a Non-Pro / missing HUD, ill walk away and look at Naughty Trader. I held out for a Manual but seeing a 2022 car with low mileage at Ā£40k+ it's hard to accept full price and less Spec.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hello Sir,
Did you get an update from the dealer?

When ordering I was very specific (GR Supra COUPE 3.0 Pro Manual 3dr) and wanted to know what spec and trim level. They directed me to GR Supra Manual and the salesperson and I went through it On the page it stated that the 6MT Model was, in fact, a model GR Supra, but when I questioned them about it being a pro model, I was told not to worry as that information was out of date and it goes from their stock allocation that was clearly stating a GR Supra Pro Manual.

I pointed out that there was a price difference between the GR Supra (Ā£53495) and the GR Supra Pro (Ā£57495) and that I was quoted for the Pro. So I made them confirm Electric Seats, butt warmer, full leather and HUD (Before seeing your post).

Placed the order, and a few days passed and I got a call to tell me the seats are an Alcantara and Leather mix and no butt warming facilities. To be fair this is not a deal breaker for me as I don't intend to be driving on days that I will be needing it. But from reading your post I am getting worried this is in fact, a non-pro and they are pushing for the Pro Price.

After reading your post I called them back and asked them to confirm Spec and trim. Their paperwork was very light and simply states - GR Supra COUPE 3.0 Pro 3dr. If it is a Non-Pro / missing HUD, ill walk away and look at Naughty Trader. I held out for a Manual but seeing a 2022 car with low mileage at Ā£40k+ it's hard to accept full price and less Spec.
Yeah I got the 3.0 Gr Supra Manual (non pro) in Summer '22, and it has the seats you described, so unless they're doing some hybrid spec (highly unlikely) it sounds like they're talking out their backside and it's not a Pro.
Sponsored