Headlight issue

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I don’t know why this is the way this is but do others have the same issue as me. I don’t know if this is to be considered normal where I shouldn’t care about it or I should fix it.(unless there is no way to fix it). It’s a light foggy outline behind both headlight lenses.
88AC1342-61F0-45CE-9E2F-B27AD1890EA5.jpeg
7E73A4FA-0F14-4686-9729-4866A898C70B.jpeg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It'd be better if you take a picture without reflections...
There normally shouldn't be any fogginess.

OP
OP
Amfchang

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
It'd be better if you take a picture without reflections...
There normally shouldn't be any fogginess.
In the first picture, it’s like it burned that part I circled causing a foggy line around it. I think it might be burn spots but I never really experienced that with other cars

860_ZUPR4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1383, 2015 WRX, 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2018 Civic Type R
are you talking about the rainbow coloring on the lens?
if you look at the led strip in my pic there are what look like water stains, some weird chemical marks. might be similar to what OP has in his.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That royally sucks. I've been to a headlight assembly plant years ago, but can't recall if the glass/plexiglass was installed with robots or not. But the marks suggest dried up cleaning solution. And fog kindda looks as if robot or human suction cup grasped it while dirty, leaving an impression on the glass.

Only solution other than asking for replacement, in my opinion, would be bake open, clean inside, apply silicone carefully and rebake. Don't know how fragile the led strip would be... You can install rainbow colored LEDs while doing so ? which I stumbled upon while searching for 2020 Supra Headlight.
https://www.oraclelights.com/products/supragr

Attachments

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
I see and understand what you talking about with that U shaped haze. If that's in side the headlight maybe there's a leak somewhere allowing humidity in. Have you changed your headlight bulbs? Maybe if the heat has increased its making it too hot in there?..it is weird I would have the dealer replace it if you cant figure it out.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I see and understand what you talking about with that U shaped haze. If that's in side the headlight maybe there's a leak somewhere allowing humidity in. Have you changed your headlight bulbs? Maybe if the heat has increased its making it too hot in there?..it is weird I would have the dealer replace it if you cant figure it out.
just curious, how do you change out your headlight bulbs on an A90 headlight?

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
just curious, how do you change out your headlight bulbs on an A90 headlight?
Don't know, haven't tried. Its an LED headlight but I've never tinkered with it. By your question I assume there aren't any bulbs? lol

I only said that since when a lot of people upgrade to "HID" they get too much heat and get marks like this.
Sponsored