Help: I can not line up rear knuckle bolt and LCA

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Grab the caliper and move the entire assembly in or out (push or pull). It doesn't have a ton of travel, but there is enough there to get it lined up without removing any other parts or fasteners. I've done this 4 times now on my own car and a handful of others helping some friends out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
What2JZ

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
Grab the caliper and move the entire assembly in or out (push or pull). It doesn't have a ton of travel, but there is enough there to get it lined up without removing any other parts or fasteners. I've done this 4 times now on my own car and a handful of others helping some friends out.
you can do that without loosening any subframe bolts or sway bars/etc?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No need to loosen the camber bolt. You can if you want to, but all the suspension installs i've done never needed to loosen that.
Agreed, but it's probably the easiest way. I did it with just moving the knuckle like others are saying.

Plus he needs to do an alignment anyway after installing coilovers.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
you can do that without loosening any subframe bolts or sway bars/etc?
Correct. Get it semi lined up vertically with the floor jack and then move the assembly to line up it up horizontally.

OP
OP
What2JZ

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
Agreed, but it's probably the easiest way. I did it with just moving the knuckle like others are saying.

So when I move the knuckle up, the angle of it does not change, i presume this is where it has changed for you in the past.

I will try everything you guys have told me, i hope it works. I like having a car, anyways thanks for the quick replies!!!

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

True, i just wanna help him bulk up and build muscle. LMAOO

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, exactly what i do. I've solo'd many Supras with that method. No need for 2 people, it would just be easier since there's a constant eye on the hole.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
If you already have the bolt half way in, grab a deep socket and put it on the bolt head. Then grab the socket with your hand and use the leverage of the socket to angle the bolt into place, lining it up with the second half of the LCA. Again the bushing is a ball joint style so it will articulate.

OP
OP
What2JZ

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
If you already have the bolt half way in, grab a deep socket and put it on the bolt head. Then grab the socket with your hand and use the leverage of the socket to angle the bolt into place, lining it up with the second half of the LCA. Again the bushing is a ball joint style so it will articulate.
so use a socket larger than the bolt head or smaller, i tried using a the etorx for the bolt and it kept slipping off.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
so use a socket larger than the bolt head or smaller, i tried using a the etorx for the bolt and it kept slipping off.
Use the correct size E-torx. You could use a small extension if you don't have a deep. (I guess I didn't have a deep either) My socket fits snug on the bolt. Allows me to maneuver the bolt into the correct angle.

20221212_180119.jpg

OP
OP
What2JZ

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
Bro, if you were in San Diego, i'd take care of you no issue. 😂👍🏽 I have a list of Supras needing my assistance soon too, i need to find time, meaning when it's not dark. Fuckin daylight savings. 🙄
ffs, daylight savings is biach
Sponsored