Sold: Help in pricing stock suspension

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I've thrown away a bunch of stuff. Stock exhaust, hood, fenders, front lip, rear diffuser, skirts. I am about to throw away the stock intake manifold along with the shocks.

I think I can sell my turbo+6 port manifold for cheap.
Sponsored

Last edited:

czzisaman

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Tungsten
That ams intake manifold sale is hitting strong!

shownfu

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
If anyone is throwing away rear shocks I'll pay for shipping. I think mine is clunking prematurely.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've thrown away a bunch of stuff. Stock exhaust, hood, fenders, front lip, rear diffuser, skirts. I am about to throw away the stock intake manifold along with the shocks.

I think I can sell my turbo+manifold for cheap.
Don't throw away your stock intake manifold! I'll buy it from you. Get it ported and polished. OH WAIT I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S PLASTIC.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Seriously. Why bother?
Here is what I have seen over the decades and why I keep my stock parts for a while:

When some folks buy a limited car they really want a nice stock example that they can either collect or enjoy as it came from the factory. If someone has a slammed car you might keep some buyers away from the car - if you are able to put it back to stock you can increase your chance of a sale. Many folks really don't want to buy someone else's piecemeal mess, or if they do want to buy it you can let them know you have all OEM stock parts to go with the car if wanted - giving them choice.

OEM Manufacturers also have a timeline on how long they keep making and stocking parts for automobiles - usually it is around 10 years or so from what I have seen. If you hold onto the parts for longer you would be able to A) sell it for more than when it was new or B) help someone out who is looking for these parts for a rebuild, fix, etc

They no longer make oem floor mats for my daily driver and its only ~13 years old. My motorcycle is 20 years old and folks are looking to forums / ebay because Honda does not make the oem pieces any longer.

When I had my 04 and 06 GTOs I kept the OEM suspension put away and ended up selling the OEM parts with the car for more money.

I guess if one is attempting to make a race car, then selling the oem parts would be benefical as there is no question about going back and it would free up money to put back into the car.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Here is what I have seen over the decades and why I keep my stock parts for a while:

When some folks buy a limited car they really want a nice stock example that they can either collect or enjoy as it came from the factory. If someone has a slammed car you might keep some buyers away from the car - if you are able to put it back to stock you can increase your chance of a sale. Many folks really don't want to buy someone else's piecemeal mess, or if they do want to buy it you can let them know you have all OEM stock parts to go with the car if wanted - giving them choice.

OEM Manufacturers also have a timeline on how long they keep making and stocking parts for automobiles - usually it is around 10 years or so from what I have seen. If you hold onto the parts for longer you would be able to A) sell it for more than when it was new or B) help someone out who is looking for these parts for a rebuild, fix, etc

They no longer make oem floor mats for my daily driver and its only ~13 years old. My motorcycle is 20 years old and folks are looking to forums / ebay because Honda does not make the oem pieces any longer.

When I had my 04 and 06 GTOs I kept the OEM suspension put away and ended up selling the OEM parts with the car for more money.

I guess if one is attempting to make a race car, then selling the oem parts would be benefical as there is no question about going back and it would free up money to put back into the car.
I don't sell cars. I build cars to go fast then burn to ground.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I don't sell cars. I build cars to go fast then burn to ground.
Same. That and I just don't want to deal with having to rent space to store parts.

More than likely this car will get ran into the ground and rebuilt.

I understand the value in keeping parts for those who don't plan to keep the car. But this is not something I plan to sell nor am I any sort of collector in the sense of wanting to keep a car OEM.

Plus I am at the point of no return. It would take too much time and money to get this thing back to stock. Definitely not worth it now.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk