Help with battery replacement coding

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 2017 Raptor w/Cobb stage 2
My car has had the "replace battery" message from when I bought it, and I never took the time to fix it since it started fine even when sitting for a few weeks. I finally decided to tackle it and bought a replacement battery from the dealership, charged it fully, swapped the battery, and coded using bimmerlink. That didn't shut the message off, so I cleared the one code I had, which was "030E00 Power Management: Transport monitoring, battery charge status deeply discharged", but the code reappeared a few seconds later. Bimmerlink shows the status as 80%+.

I tried all the options I found online, including leaving the battery disconnected and charging overnight and then recoding, but the error still appears.

Any thoughts on how I can fix?

Yes...I could take it to the dealership, but I'm really hoping to avoid that.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
OP
OP
First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dude I could kiss you right now. Been trying to figure this thing our for 2 weeks.

I followed the bimmerlink instructions of being in 3 button mode like you said, but once I started the car while on the charger and it worked first try. This is so amazing...thank you!

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Glad to have helped!!!

My car had that same message from new and they sold it to me and acted dumb saying it would go away on its own. I really don't like dealerships touching my car what so ever so tried to figure everything out at home - I found that info on a BMW board.

The bad news is your stock battery was probably fine and just needed to be charged up :/

OP
OP
First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I programmed it with the stock since it was a 105AH battery and the dealership gave me a 90 as a replacement, so I figured I'd stick with the bigger one. Oh well, it was worth the $200 to not take it to the dealership...I have the same opinion as you do there.
Sponsored