kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
Hi everyone,

New guy here. Picked up my 2021 Supra 2.0 (Tungsten) today. The dealership is roughly 80 miles from me and had the exact car
I wanted. Long story short I start driving back home after everything was completed and the "battery needs replaced" light comes on.
So as you can imagine that concerned me so I called my salesman and he didn't know what to do except bring the car back to the dealership.
They gave me a loaner to get me home and will deliver the car tomorrow morning. Should this be something that I should be concerned with
or is this normal.??? I am new to the Supra world so I hope this isn't serious.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Hi everyone,

New guy here. Picked up my 2021 Supra 2.0 (Tungsten) today. The dealership is roughly 80 miles from me and had the exact car
I wanted. Long story short I start driving back home after everything was completed and the "battery needs replaced" light comes on.
So as you can imagine that concerned me so I called my salesman and he didn't know what to do except bring the car back to the dealership.
They gave me a loaner to get me home and will deliver the car tomorrow morning. Should this be something that I should be concerned with
The car sat so long the battery lost its charge. They should either charge it to full capacity or replace it. The message isnt a serious one to worry about.

-RJM

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Hi everyone,

Mine was dead when I bought mine. They had it sorted out in a couple of days.

OP
OP

kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The car sat so long the battery lost its charge. They should either charge it to full capacity or replace it. The message isnt a serious one to worry about.

-RJM
Thanks....I didn't think so but it never hurts to ask.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Thanks....I didn't think so but it never hurts to ask.
Yeah just sat for a while. If your car has supra connect it think battery guard is also enabled, doesn't do a whole lot but shd warn you when its getting low if you have it sitting In the garage all winter like me haha

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Hi everyone,

We only associate with the cool kids with 3.0! Think there's a sub section for your kind..

Just kidding...congrats on the new car..
I have nothing else to add?

Steve

OP
OP

kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We only associate with the cool kids with 3.0! Think there's a sub section for your kind..

Just kidding...congrats on the new car..
I have nothing else to add?

Steve
Yes I was wondering when the dreaded 2.0 teasing would start. I guess being a "young" 66 year old it was the right car for me. More into handling then shear speed I guess. Really loved the car when I drove it.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Yes this is normal - it happened to me too. Nobody had a new battery to give me at any Toyota or BMW Dealership.

You can solve it yourself by unhooking the battery from your car and charging it with a battery charger to full.

Then buy the Bimmerlink app and OBDLink CX connector. Connect the ODBLink CS Connector and start the car - then choose to "Register battery" - which tells the system that you are putting a new battery in the car - boom you have fixed this issue.

To keep the battery from dying lock the car when you park it, even in the garage - as well as keep it on a battery charger.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Yes I was wondering when the dreaded 2.0 teasing would start. I guess being a "young" 66 year old it was the right car for me. More into handling then shear speed I guess. Really loved the car when I drove it.
Well young man congrats on the car...you're gonna love it..
Honestly it could have a yuge motor in it..it's still a cool !@# car?

Steve

Derog

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra, Lexus UX250h
53 year old here, had same problem when I picked up my 2021 nocturnal 2.0. They made the car think they had replaced the battery, no more problems.

Last edited:

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
To keep the battery from dying lock the car when you park it, even in the garage - as well as keep it on a battery charger.
I always lock mine even when it's in the garage out of habit but what does that have to do with the battery?

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
Yes this is normal - it happened to me too. Nobody had a new battery to give me at any Toyota or BMW Dealership.

You can solve it yourself by unhooking the battery from your car and charging it with a battery charger to full.

Then buy the Bimmerlink app and OBDLink CX connector. Connect the ODBLink CS Connector and start the car - then choose to "Register battery" - which tells the system that you are putting a new battery in the car - boom you have fixed this issue.

Nice, I wasn’t aware we could do that with BimmerCode/OBDLink. I was thinking the dealer was the only option to register a battery with some proprietary tool. Good to know!

eastcoastish

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I also had the "replace battery" warning when I bought the car even though everything worked fine. The dealer said it was because it was sitting on the show room floor (not clear on what that had to do with it), but they replaced it the next day and was good to go.
Sponsored