Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Loved taking the Supra on track. It shines in the corners. It's handling is incredible straight out of the box. Mid-Ohio has great elevation changes and you can feel the suspension and diff working. Fantastic track car.
IMG_20210604_104454_801.jpg

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
I hear rotors are fine. Fluid is recommended (no problem).

Are there any pads that can are geared for the street but can handle double duty (stock ok or not really recommended)? I absolutely do not want race car squeaks.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2022 M235
I hear rotors are fine. Fluid is recommended (no problem).

Are their any pads that can are geared for the street but can handle double duty (stock ok or not really recommended)? I absolutely do not want race car squeaks.
Verus brake ducts plus CSG CP pads front and rear should be decent. Heck, if you slow down the pace or are a beginner, stock pads (use FCP euro to replace, see my post) plus verus might be a good start.

Castrol SRF from FCP too…

Attachments

OP
OP

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Loved taking the Supra on track. It shines in the corners. It's handling is incredible straight out of the box. Mid-Ohio has great elevation changes and you can feel the suspension and diff working. Fantastic track car.
IMG_20210604_104454_801.jpg
But you have to admit, it’s a bit rowdy fully stock, no? Pretty fun

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Verus brake ducts plus CSG CP pads front and rear should be decent. Heck, if you slow down the pace or are a beginner, stock pads (use FCP euro to replace, see my post) plus verus might be a good start.

Definitely a beginner. Just one track day (~5 sessions) in my FWD GTI, and my RWD experience is limited to drifting - not something I want to do at speed on a circuit in my Supra! (Yet…)

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
Definitely a beginner. Just one track day (~5 sessions) in my FWD GTI, and my RWD experience is limited to drifting - not something I want to do at speed on a circuit in my Supra! (Yet…)
I’ve had some unintended sideways action at the track in my Supra and it’s really controllable - made me feel like Chris Harris! It is even a little more controllable than my Camaro was, and A LOT better than my old E92 M3. I agree that it’s pretty good at the track out of the box, but a few relatively cheap mods make it great. I love this car.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Easily fixed with an alignment. This car needs nothing to have a great time on track with.
Brakes. Brakes definitely need attention. Otherwise, yeah just sorting out the shit factory alignment these all seem to come with.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor

This. CSG pads and good fluid. OEM rotors will take plenty of abuse.

OP
OP

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve had some unintended sideways action at the track in my Supra and it’s really controllable - made me feel like Chris Harris! It is even a little more controllable than my Camaro was, and A LOT better than my old E92 M3. I agree that it’s pretty good at the track out of the box, but a few relatively cheap mods make it great. I love this car.
Interesting - good reminder for me that my M3 is just set up very differently. The long wheelbase of the M3, a couple hundred pounds of weight reduction, JRZ dampers + high spring rate, Maxxis RC1 R2 tires, BBK, all SPL arms, mounts+bushings swapped, light aero, and the low torque of the car just made it much easier for me to drive than a stock Supra.

I can do very dick-ish things in my M3 that would not be well received in a stock / stock damper Supra with enduro 200 tires. I bet that with good dampers the Supra platform is already way beyond the capability of a similar M3. It's just a far higher baseline level of performance. (stock for stock)

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Easily fixed with an alignment. This car needs nothing to have a great time on track with.
I'd toss in better brake pads, maybe some better brake fluid for better feel, and 5w-30 oil rather than the 0w-20 water we get.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I'd toss in better brake pads, maybe some better brake fluid for better feel, and 5w-30 oil rather than the 0w-20 water we get.
5W-30 Liqui Moly already in there since the first oil change at about 1k miles lol.

Brakes held up fine.
Sponsored