Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
  • Banned
So I have been playing with the hidden menu to the point I can bring it up by memory as a matter of habit when I fire up the car. Obviously I leave it in temperature for the oil and coolant gauges which are commonly known. My question for the collective is the 3rd temp readout.

I’m pretty sure that is intake temperatures as on the road it typically hovers close to ambient temps while stopped in traffic it raises especially when the engine is hot.

My question is if that is confirmed and if anybody knows if it is, if it is measured before the turbo or after the intercooler. I assume it is pre turbo temps but interested if anybody knows for sure.
Sponsored

Killswitch24

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It's probably not pre-turbo temp. Usually IAT is measured near the throttle body but since the Intercooler is in the manifold, it could be before or after cooling. idk

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It's probably not pre-turbo temp. Usually IAT is measured near the throttle body but since the Intercooler is in the manifold, it could be before or after cooling. idk
There are two temp sensors, pre and post mani-cooler.

Not sure what the hidden menu is showing as I never use it, going to assume post. What kind of temps are you seeing at wot?

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Crypto79

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Banned
There are two temp sensors, pre and post mani-cooler.

Not sure what the hidden menu is showing as I never use it, going to assume post. What kind of temps are you seeing at wot?
it’s in C and my weather is variable so I’ll describe it as the faster I go the closer to ambient it gets. The slower and more stop and go, it raises

OP
OP
Crypto79

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Banned
It it was after turbo the faster you went the hotter it would get right?
Sponsored