How to adjust temp on both sides of climate control simultaneously?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
lmao i was thinking this last week. "there's no way there's this much creaking noise right now". i was going simply 80 on the highway... :|
That’s just the car moaning/wanting to go tracking some more. You definitely don’t want to hear mine 😂 I would hate to baby this thing. She’s soooooooo much fun on track. But you’re completely right. You’ll hear a lot more flex the more you track. Most of the soft rubber bushings the car comes with are great for soft quiet Sunday drives. They def get more wear on track = hear more. I’d recommend just go all out and get the SPL goodies, the feel everything noisy mega durable ones. Can‘t wait to see you on track brother! Next October for me 🤙🏼

@NocturnalEmber you definitely need to use your free track day! You’ll be amazed how quickly you forget you even started this thread. Insane amount of track bang for the buck… But agree with you. It’d be nice to just have one temp setting.

I am so baffled by this thread.

Perhaps what you all need is a woman to sit in the seat next to you. Then, no matter what temperature you choose for your side, it will be at least a couple degrees too cold for the other side. Problem solved.
Hahahaha…. So spot on! My wife or son’s gf gets in the car and jacks that passenger dial up every time. That’s the only time I’m so glad I don’t have to turn my side down or argue with either one of them. I’d lose every time and have to sweat my ass off 😅
Sponsored

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
The point is that I have to adjust two knobs to the same temperature when I could adjust one. I paid 60,000+ for a car that has a host of what one would consider to be modern conveniences, so yeah, I'm a bit annoyed it doesn't do that naturally. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it's something I'd expect when I've owned cars 10 years older that did have this feature.
Different cars focus on different things, it has nothing to do with price.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This post is ONE of the reasons i dislike the ''new'' Supra community. People nagging about not having climate control SMH .
You stretch you hand 2'' inches and the Passenger knob is there for you to fix it in under 2 seconds....
Wrong. It isn't about the missing climate control or stretching a little to change it. It is about the simply lazy ass poor design. Sure, it's not hard to reach over but the design choice has no logic, utility or purpose. It's just plain stupid, really.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Wrong. It isn't about the missing climate control or stretching a little to change it. It is about the simply lazy ass poor design. Sure, it's not hard to reach over but the design choice has no logic, utility or purpose. It's just plain stupid, really.
It was likely actively removed if you really want to get annoyed about it. Other BMWs with the same iDrive and the same HVAC controls have this. So extra work was gone into making it not there.

Sorta the opposite of lazy design; it's actively "bad."

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
It's nice to have a car where stuff like this are the only problems.

P.S. everyone should take their cars to the racetrack. It's a shame not to. These things are great on a road course.

NorthernDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Hmmmm
Someone should get a BMW set of HVAC buttons and see if the harness is the same. Maybe you can just plug it in, hit the sync button, and then take it off again lol
Sponsored