High Performance Ignition Coils

NYCDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
When you heavily modify the engine, the OEM spark plugs will burn out quickly, it's at that point you'll need higher performance ones.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
When you heavily modify the engine, the OEM spark plugs will burn out quickly, it's at that point you'll need higher performance ones.
That's endurance/longevity.... Like iridium, platinum ones...

High performance, as in, is able to pull more amps and ignite stronger/faster, essentially high-density electric discharge usually for race gas for an evenly burned fuel for high hp cars...based on my limited knowledge...

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Hello everybody!

Anyone installed high performance ignition coils on their Supra such as the ones in the below link?

https://www.vividracing.com/ignitio...il-set-for-toyota-supra-2020-p-153016230.html

Do they actually make a difference in performance? And are there any down sides?

dont you dare buy those ignition coils. the OEM stock ignition coils are strong. And i can gurantee those coils are not better than the ones on the car already. And may just be OEM ignition coils with a crap badge on them.

stock coils on my car at 800+whp. and been that way since april of 2020. don't fall for the okie doke. Spend that $1000 on something worth it.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
dont you dare buy those ignition coils. the OEM stock ignition coils are strong. And i can gurantee those coils are not better than the ones on the car already. And may just be OEM ignition coils with a crap badge on them.

stock coils on my car at 800+whp. and been that way since april of 2020. don't fall for the okie doke. Spend that $1000 on something worth it.
IP makes great and overbuilt coilpacks. BUT the Bosch OEM coilpacks are very strong and can clearly hold the power demands of cars 2 and 3 times the HP/TQ.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
IP makes great and overbuilt coilpacks. BUT the Bosch OEM coilpacks are very strong and can clearly hold the power demands of cars 2 and 3 times the HP/TQ.
never heard of them until this post.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
never heard of them until this post.
They are a big sponsor on Ken Gushi's A90 and are used by a few cars in Formula Drift.

Again, the stock Bosch coilpacks seems to be solid and unless you're running into spark issues, I wouldn't bother upgrading.
Sponsored