High turnover on MKV Supras?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
something you said which makes me wonder, when you say the weight, meaning car feels heavy? Is this a general consensus around here?

I haven’t noticed but did think it was odd when my wife drove the car and mentioned the same thing (mind you we have a C7 grand sport) never thought she would compare them in weight feeling.
The C7 Z51 is slightly heavier. Weight wise, the Supra feels similar on the track. The difference is the seating position being farther back. The Supra feels like you're steering a boat from the back because the seat is behind the center of mass

But as for weight between the BRZ and Supra, the Supra is 600 pounds heavier, so it will be noticeable. I've also driven a 911 GT3 and R35 GTR on track (5 laps each 3 years ago), and I can feel the weight difference of each compared to the Supra when throwing them into corners.
Sponsored

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
I have read of people over 6 feet with no issue.
I'm 6'3" and have absolutely zero problem getting in/out even between other cars in lots, and most of my height is my legs. Other than a brief stint in an e46 325xi, and a Camry in high school, I've driven sports cars only, most of them lowered. I got used to it pretty quick, it's not the world's biggest comfort but it's really not a big issue. I'm 29, so maybe that helps, but I find myself always generally confused by people complaining about it in anything that's not a Miata. That car, I have never fit into and never will - roof is too short and touches my head even without a helmet, so I think track wise my only option would be a specific insurance policy on the top 2 inches of my head and a convertible.

I daily every sports car I've ever owned, and I drive a LOT (20k/yr on average), so I certainly feel like I'm qualified to talk about whether or not it's a quality of life problem. I usually wear non-baggy suits as well, so if I'm able to comfortably contort myself in and out of a car in a fitted suit 3-5 times a day I struggle to grasp the issue.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
I'm 6'3" and have absolutely zero problem getting in/out even between other cars in lots, and most of my height is my legs. Other than a brief stint in an e46 325xi, and a Camry in high school, I've driven sports cars only, most of them lowered. I got used to it pretty quick, it's not the world's biggest comfort but it's really not a big issue. I'm 29, so maybe that helps, but I find myself always generally confused by people complaining about it in anything that's not a Miata. That car, I have never fit into and never will - roof is too short and touches my head even without a helmet, so I think track wise my only option would be a specific insurance policy on the top 2 inches of my head and a convertible.

I daily every sports car I've ever owned, and I drive a LOT (20k/yr on average), so I certainly feel like I'm qualified to talk about whether or not it's a quality of life problem. I usually wear non-baggy suits as well, so if I'm able to comfortably contort myself in and out of a car in a fitted suit 3-5 times a day I struggle to grasp the issue.
Good feedback, I guess it’s different for everyone and what they are used to. Sounds like you’ve gotten used to it over the years of driving sports cars.

I myself don’t have a complain about getting in and out however, I believe every Supra owner on some days the thought “this not exactly easy/wish it was” crossed their mind.

I am only 5’10 and slim fit myself. I can get out no problem but I do wish it was a bit easier. I too have had many sports cars and this is the only one where I feel like the exit is 3 feet above me (my seat is on the floor) and if I raise my chair to be even then I gotta worry about hitting my head ?

Still, love my Supra ?

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good feedback, I guess it’s different for everyone and what they are used to. Sounds like you’ve gotten used to it over the years of driving sports cars.

I myself don’t have a complain about getting in and out however, I believe every Supra owner on some days the thought “this not exactly easy/wish it was” crossed their mind.

I am only 5’10 and slim fit myself. I can get out no problem but I do wish it was a bit easier. I too have had many sports cars and this is the only one where I feel like the exit is 3 feet above me (my seat is on the floor) and if I raise my chair to be even then I gotta worry about hitting my head ?

Still, love my Supra ?
Yeah the other day I had two coffees and was parked substantially uphill and realized the chance of me getting in without spilling it was 0%, put one on the roof and since it's always waxed it immediately started sliding away, grabbed that one, stood there staring at it for a second, bent down, put one in the foot well, leaned all the way in to put one in the cupholder, got the footwell one and stood up, did my acrobatics to get in, and then put that one in the other cupholder.

So, I guess I've had those thoughts too. But I dailied my track-prepped and stripped FRS every single day in law school and then to my first law firm job which was on some pretty brutal springs, so I guess I have a pretty high tolerance for inconvenience ☺

My boss just sold his C7 stingray PRIMARILY because he felt it was inconvenient to get in and out of and he was tired of doing that, which to me is categorically insane as a consideration with a sports car, but I guess everyone's different.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
Yeah the other day I had two coffees and was parked substantially uphill and realized the chance of me getting in without spilling it was 0%, put one on the roof and since it's always waxed it immediately started sliding away, grabbed that one, stood there staring at it for a second, bent down, put one in the foot well, leaned all the way in to put one in the cupholder, got the footwell one and stood up, did my acrobatics to get in, and then put that one in the other cupholder.

So, I guess I've had those thoughts too. But I dailied my track-prepped and stripped FRS every single day in law school and then to my first law firm job which was on some pretty brutal springs, so I guess I have a pretty high tolerance for inconvenience ☺

My boss just sold his C7 stingray PRIMARILY because he felt it was inconvenient to get in and out of and he was tired of doing that, which to me is categorically insane as a consideration with a sports car, but I guess everyone's different.

gotta say, love that slope on the roof too ? .. so focused on the getting out almost forgot how real it is to get IN sometimes … damn Starbucks ?

I have a C7 myself and I would say I don’t ever even think about getting in and out as a problem, it comes with the territory. Same with the Supra.

My only real complaint is no targa ?

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
I'm 6'3" and have absolutely zero problem getting in/out even between other cars in lots, and most of my height is my legs.
+1 on the 6'3" and having no issues getting in and out of the car. I'm still working remote and haven't gotten back to wearing suits yet, but that is a wonder of mine should I decide take this in to work some days. It's my second car so it's not really a need to take it in, but should I, would I be uncomfortable with a fitted suit with the seat position?

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
The only issue I have
36DD1157-012A-400F-8F91-03E35BE13AEE.jpeg

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
+1 on the 6'3" and having no issues getting in and out of the car. I'm still working remote and haven't gotten back to wearing suits yet, but that is a wonder of mine should I decide take this in to work some days. It's my second car so it's not really a need to take it in, but should I, would I be uncomfortable with a fitted suit with the seat position?
I doubt you’ll have any issue, for me the baggier the clothe the more the issue with the lack of cabin space

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I'm 5'6" so space inside has never been a problem. Ingress/egress isn't a problem either but it's not as simple as getting in an SUV.

My parents struggled a bit with it when they visited since the cabin is low and it's a bit more of an effort to stand up straight exiting the car.

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Depends on how fitted, certainly, but I had no issue. Just watch the corner of the left side of your jacket when you close the door, I've shut mine in there a couple times.

thtsupra

First Name
CM
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
For me it is the seller market that incentivized me to sell. I recently sold a 2018 Toyota Highlander with 30K miles to a dealer for a bit less than what I paid for 3 years ago. I also just sold my 2021 BMW M240I / 6 speed manual with 9k miles for exactly what I paid for(otd total)14 months ago.

However, buying a car, new or used is no joy at this time. I replaced my Highlander with a 2021 Honda Ridgeline. I had to be patient and really shopped around to just get one a tad under MSRP. I am eventually going to replace my M240I with a Supra manual(supposed to come out later this year or next). I have already put a deposit down. Will see how long it will take.
how do you know a manual is suppose to come out later this year?!!! And how did you put a deposit down for a manual if it hasnt even been confirmed yet??

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
how do you know a manual is suppose to come out later this year?!!! And how did you put a deposit down for a manual if it hasnt even been confirmed yet??
Lol. A dealer did him dirty. I’d do the same. The contract is probably something like, ‘if a manual Supra comes out, apply this deposit and order it.’

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Buy a Supra now and pay 20k to add on a manual aftermarket

Reactions: zrk