hit in parking lot, insights on fixes.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I don't think OP's incedent was malicious, the other guy saw a cool car and thought "this is a nice car, I can snap a picture after I park, and he won't ding my car when he returns". He just sucked at parking.
He was weak with 3D spatial orientation.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
the guy who hit me already filed a claim this morning before i could talk to him but im about to call him and see if he wants to deal with it outside of insurance. the guy is a car collector so he is pretty cool about everything we have talked about so far
Don't. Just let insurance handle it unless you have some shitty insurance for faktards. :crazy:

If that was my car, I would get the guy's info, file a claim through my insurance, talk to my claims adjuster to get a quote for the repair, get it fixed at a certified BMW or Toyota body shop. I NEVER talk to the other party. The other party's insurance has contacted me when it was a collision while moving, but yours is an easy comprehensive claim/coverage.

I've been hit so many times in parking lots and shit, it's like getting my car washed.
Sorry it happened to you too.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
there is def factory paint missing but all the red paint you see just peels right off. the only reason i havent touched it is because the insurance claim hasnt started yet and i wanted to keep it the way it is just in case

still boggles my mind that in an empty parking lot with 50 spaces people still want to park directly next to you.
I've experienced this, a few times already. 50 empty spaces and someone just has to park in a spot next to my car. I sortof understand if another nice sportscar parks near me (as what inevitably occures during cars&coffee events), but other types? ....mind boggling. :oops:

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
That sucks, hope you get it fixed soon.

OP
OP
Zooterz

Zooterz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
dude thank yall for caring about my bumper as much as me, got an appointment on friday with toyota and im gonna get it quoted from a reputable private body shop tomorrow.

will report back with the damages

Richard Truman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Preamum
I Had Carvana delevered a Car and damaged it while taking it off the Truck
The dealer who fixed it dident report it that small of damage Get it fixed correctily
and talk to the shop before taken it there .
Sponsored