paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Hello everyone,

I'd like to start this post of by saying I did extensive research online, seeked professional help, spoke with Toyota and HKS,

There is a very annoying noise coming from the drive side area, the same noise can also be heard from the passenger side but almost unnoticeable, videos attached,

Here is the timeline and attempts at a solution,

Delivery of parts,
I personally installed front without silencers,
Noise was apparent,
Took to shop to finish rear due to time constraints and noise,
Shop disassembled front and reinstalled with silencers, also installed rears,
Noise unchanged,
Reached out to HKS and they provided me a PDF of all of the bolts to check (attached to post),
All bolts checked and to spec,
Noise unchanged,
During my exhaust installation having my car up on a lift, installed more silencers on the front,
At this point there are silencers on almost every millimeter of the front springs,
Noise unchanged,
Took my car to Toyota for a diagnosis,
Service rep & tech said everything is tight and looks great, have no clue what the noise is,

Now present day, noise unchanged and unphased,

Other threads I have referenced,
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/hks-has-clicking-sound.12604/
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/lowering-springs-suspension-noise-identified.5315/page-5

Product link,
https://1fastsupra.com/products/hks...le-springs-a90-a91-mkv-supra-2020-80280-at001

Sponsored

Attachments

Scorch

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
When you disassembled the fronts did your upper strut mount bearing assembly split in half? It's very common to have these come apart when removing the front strut and if it comes apart there is a high probability that it will fail/bind when re-installed and make that noise. There are also yellow marks on them for alignment, I believe general consensus is that these need to be re-aligned when installing to prevent issues as well.

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
It sound like your end link is popping when you turn. I have to change my to SPL and linked to stop the noise
Hello everyone,

I'd like to start this post of by saying I did extensive research online, seeked professional help, spoke with Toyota and HKS,

There is a very annoying noise coming from the drive side area, the same noise can also be heard from the passenger side but almost unnoticeable, videos attached,

Here is the timeline and attempts at a solution,

Delivery of parts,
I personally installed front without silencers,
Noise was apparent,
Took to shop to finish rear due to time constraints and noise,
Shop disassembled front and reinstalled with silencers, also installed rears,
Noise unchanged,
Reached out to HKS and they provided me a PDF of all of the bolts to check (attached to post),
All bolts checked and to spec,
Noise unchanged,
During my exhaust installation having my car up on a lift, installed more silencers on the front,
At this point there are silencers on almost every millimeter of the front springs,
Noise unchanged,
Took my car to Toyota for a diagnosis,
Service rep & tech said everything is tight and looks great, have no clue what the noise is,

Now present day, noise unchanged and unphased,

Other threads I have referenced,
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/hks-has-clicking-sound.12604/
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/lowering-springs-suspension-noise-identified.5315/page-5

Product link,
https://1fastsupra.com/products/hks...le-springs-a90-a91-mkv-supra-2020-80280-at001

It's almost sound like you're end link, I have a similar noise too and I swap my handling to spl and the noise gone.

OP
OP
paulnur

paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
It sound like your end link is popping when you turn. I have to change my to SPL and linked to stop the noise

It's almost sound like you're end link, I have a similar noise too and I swap my handling to spl and the noise gone.
That is what it sounds like to me, but the two techs at Toyota and the professional shop didnā€™t seem to think so. Or want to try and diagnose it.

It is safe to take the end links off and drive around my neighborhood

Last edited:

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
That is what it sounds like to me, but the two techs at Toyota and the professional shop didnā€™t seem to think so. Or want to try and diagnose it.

It is safe to take the end links off and drive around my neighborhood
I'm not sure about that you do need an end link (tie rod)to complete your suspensions

OP
OP
paulnur

paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I'm not sure about that you do need an end link (tie rod)to complete your suspensions
Are you sure? I find it hard to believe I canā€™t take the end links off and drive without a sway bar technically temporarily in the neighborhood

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Are you sure? I find it hard to believe I canā€™t take the end links off and drive without a sway bar technically temporarily in the neighborhood
Yes you can, other guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Easily no issue if you just want to drive and see if the noise goes away. If you want to be extra safe, the front sway bar takes like 10 mins to take fully off.

OP
OP
paulnur

paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Yes you can, other guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Easily no issue if you just want to drive and see if the noise goes away. If you want to be extra safe, the front sway bar takes like 10 mins to take fully off.
You are the šŸ. Thanks brotha

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
What did it sound like? Was the noise similar to this?
The noise I had was fairly similar, however it did not occur when driving straight at cruise, so this may be something different, mine occurred under heaving breaking or full lock turn. May sound dumb but maybe check you wheels are all torqued down?

OP
OP
paulnur

paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Not sure why this isnā€™t readily available to anyone but, the noise was the end links..

Zero noise once removed

OP
OP
paulnur

paulnur

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I just wanted to update everyone on this and let everyone know Iā€™m an idiot,

Shop that installed the HKS adjustable springs never tightened the top bolt fully on the endlinks,

So I ordered SPL adjustable endlinks from @Jesse DaBears thinking that maybe it was that,

I also apparently didnā€™t tighten the top bolt endlink after personal installation,

I came to terms that it is always going to make a little noise, so after deciding that went to my alignment appointment since I didnā€™t have one done after the installation,

I asked him to look around while he was down there. He said ā€œis this the noiseā€ and proceeded to replicate the noise by shaking the endlink šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

He said donā€™t feel bad, it happens all the time,

Car now rides like butter and is silent

The end

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I just wanted to update everyone on this and let everyone know Iā€™m an idiot,

Shop that installed the HKS adjustable springs never tightened the top bolt fully on the endlinks,

So I ordered SPL adjustable endlinks from @Jesse DaBears thinking that maybe it was that,

I also apparently didnā€™t tighten the top bolt endlink after personal installation,

I came to terms that it is always going to make a little noise, so after deciding that went to my alignment appointment since I didnā€™t have one done after the installation,

I asked him to look around while he was down there. He said ā€œis this the noiseā€ and proceeded to replicate the noise by shaking the endlink šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

He said donā€™t feel bad, it happens all the time,

Car now rides like butter and is silent

The end

So it was the Endlinks that caused the noise?? I had the HKS springs and Eibach sway bars with AFE end links installed sounds smooth on a nice smooth road but on a ruff surface with windows up on normal mode it made a similar sounds just not as loud. Yours reminded me of my FJ cruiser off roading lol. Did you need to tighten the end links ???
Sponsored