HKS intake....?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I got it exposed but now thinking it’ll look better with the box. I just did a run in the canyons in Mexico. Ima edit the footage and get some sound clips. I got HKS Intake with HKS exhaust and AA catted DP.
I was thinking of going this route too. Was going to wait for the HKS DP as well.
Sponsored

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I got it exposed but now thinking it’ll look better with the box. I just did a run in the canyons in Mexico. Ima edit the footage and get some sound clips. I got HKS Intake with HKS exhaust and AA catted DP.
Putting the box cover should also help keep the air slightly cooler if you watch IATS. Without the box it's truly a hot-air intake. Stock box might actually be superior. Also removing the engine cover helps as well. Imo it looks pretty cool without the box. And it's super loud.

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
I was thinking of going this route too. Was going to wait for the HKS DP as well.
I would love an HKS DP. I might make the switch if/when it’s released.

probably get the box for the intake too since I heard it’ll help with temps. Like mentioned above it’s probably a hot-air-intake without it lol.

luckily the temps right now are between the 30-50’s

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

probably get the box for the intake too since I heard it’ll help with temps. Like mentioned above it’s probably a hot-air-intake without it lol.

Aren't all hot air intakes without a cover though?

rainmanfab

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91-CF
Is the top half of the box attached using plastic push-in rivets? Those things are a pain in the ass to pull out once they're in, but may still be easier than pulling the intake in order to clean the filter on one like the Eventuri.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Is the top half of the box attached using plastic push-in rivets? Those things are a pain in the ass to pull out once they're in, but may still be easier than pulling the intake in order to clean the filter on one like the Eventuri.
Use a trim tool, like the service manual says. Takes all of less than a second to remove a push rivet.

Baldmonkey22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Yes, im able to remove them with just my hands no tools needed.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)

HKS may have moved on. A DP would have been out by now.
Sponsored