How often should you replace tires?

ScottyMemphis

First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey Supra fam! I just took my car in because I hit a pothole and my tire exploded and it damaged the rim. While there, I was told that the tread was awful on my other 3 tires and I should get them all replaced. I have less than 12,000 miles on the car, have never taken it on a track, and after the first few months, have not even been driving aggressively, as this is my daily driver.

What is everyone else's experience of when to replace the tires? Am I going to have to do this every year?
Sponsored

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Surprised you got 12k miles out of the PSS's to be honest. I'm at a little less than 4k miles and I can't see mine lasting more than another 5k miles. I do only drive mine with VSC off so the tires are definitely getting used.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
The stickier a tire, the softer the compound, the less miles you get out of them. Just the nature of the beast. All part of owning a performance vehicle. You can help it a little by increasing tire pressure, driving like a grandma, and so on, but that kinda defeats the purpose. Look into Continental ExtremeContact Sport. They'll last a little longer while still being a very good tire.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line