How to Register NEW Toyota TPMS?

Azian6er

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra gr
Here’s the predicament:

I bought 4 new oem TPMS sensors (750 bucks ouch) in order to run them in my new volk TE37 wheels.

upon mounting them and attempting to reset the TPMS, I get the prompt to drive around but nothing ever registers - it just keeps trying to read and stays at 0%.

my question is this: is there any procedure to register brand new oem TPMS sensors on the vehicle apart from the idrive rear procedure?

the Toyota part number I used are these:

42607WAA01

if anyone can help I would owe them big time! This is driving me crazy lol

11685355-48F7-4FE4-853D-3AE4ABE6F156.jpeg

4D13D207-8F48-4B44-A455-EB45539075C6.png
Sponsored

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Normally you have to drive 1-3 miles or more for the process to proceed. And it requires you to drive through curves/turns so that the system can figure out which sensor is on which tire (it does this in conjunction with the ABS wheel speed sensors).

I have not looked at these particular sensors -- was there any indication/instructions how to power them up prior to install? Was that done? They use an accelerometer to power up when the car is driven, but I assume there is either a plastic tab over the internal battery or some other method to keep them powered down when sitting in parts inventory.

fiscally_stupid

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TG Supra
I dont know the answer to your question but do you have an instagram with more pictures of your car?

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
See my post here (https://www.supramkv.com/threads/huf-42607-waa02-tpms-works.4771/#post-72258) and sorry you spent that much, damn! In short, I think you may have the wrong sensors (WAA01 vs WAA02) since you shouldn’t need to do anything - my car automatically began reading temps and pressures. The car will prompt you for tire recognition, but ultimately it will fail if you are using non-OEM tire sizes. That’s OK - just set to Other tire size for both front and rear and it should be good. If your car is not reading it, I think you bought the 315MHz variant. Our cars need the 433MHz (WAA02).
Sponsored