How to Remove the Inside Panel of the Trunk

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
So this technically isn't a DIY guide (yet), but I'm hoping that responses in this thread will serve as a guide to others who are looking to do the same thing to their cars. I'm basically trying to find a way to run a way to run a wire to the rear Blackvue camera in my car, but as far as I can tell, it looks like to do so I'll need to remove at least one of the panels from the trunk. This is represented in Image 1 - the wire can simply be run along the trim (the green portion), but I'm unsure how to run it along the red portion in this image. I assume that the roofing can simply be peeled back, but from there is a bit iffy. Does anyone know if the panel indicated in red in Image 2 can be easily popped off? Also, how would one go about running a wire through the tubing in Image 3 - can this tubing also easily be removed?

I don't want to go around trying to pry things off in case they're bolted down / there are clips that might break off if not properly removed, so any help with this from anyone who's already (successfully) messed around with this would be greatly appreciated!

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Image 3.png
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

nickkim1499

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LE Supra
So this technically isn't a DIY guide (yet), but I'm hoping that responses in this thread will serve as a guide to others who are looking to do the same thing to their cars. I'm basically trying to find a way to run a way to run a wire to the rear Blackvue camera in my car, but as far as I can tell, it looks like to do so I'll need to remove at least one of the panels from the trunk. This is represented in Image 1 - the wire can simply be run along the trim (the green portion), but I'm unsure how to run it along the red portion in this image. I assume that the roofing can simply be peeled back, but from there is a bit iffy. Does anyone know if the panel indicated in red in Image 2 can be easily popped off? Also, how would one go about running a wire through the tubing in Image 3 - can this tubing also easily be removed?

I don't want to go around trying to pry things off in case they're bolted down / there are clips that might break off if not properly removed, so any help with this from anyone who's already (successfully) messed around with this would be greatly appreciated!

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Image 3.png
So I actually was able to thread my wires through the tube in Image 3. There is already a wire harness in there so it is a tight fit. I taped the end of the wire to a wire hanger. Used some grease and was able to push it through. Then once it was through to the hatch side, I took it off of the wire hanger and pushed it through the panel in Image 2 (above the plastic circular cover directly above the end of the tube) to get it into the center panel which can be pried out. My camera was mounted in the center (like in the post above), directly onto the glass of the hatch (below the center panel when viewed from the perspective of the hatch closed from the outside of the car). Hope this helps!

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
1. You first need to remove the covers over the Torx screws
IMG_1450.JPG

2. Remove 2 Torx screws and disconnet the handle to the manual opener
IMG_1451.JPG

3. Pry off the cover carefully
IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG