How to remove trunk cover?

soopra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey everyone, i see pictures of some of your trunks with the cover off, how do you guys take the cover off? Is it easy to pop on and off? Off for the summer so easier to to put golf clubs in and pop it back on during the winter. Thanks
Sponsored

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
If I remember correctly, pull the cover towards you to disengage the pins, push/slap from below to pop the pins, twist and turn to remove the cover. The last part is a bit tricky because of the shape of the trunk’s opening. Putting it back is even trickier.

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I thought you were talking about the Trunk floor ...

on this there is a big space either side of the battery that i want to use to store things like , 1 quart oil bottle , emergency first aid kit , small toolkit ... you know the kind of stuff you probably will never use..

but the trunk floor is a pain to remove .... so i want to create a duplicate boot floor and put a hinge in it then cover it in black carpet , so access to the battery etc will be soooo much easier.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
How about maybe adding a strap to one side to assist in pulling it up? It's a piss poor design.

robotvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Audi A3 quattro
You just smack it from underneath and it comes right out.

Reverse in the MT also likes to be smacked. The car just enjoys a good smacking honestly.

OP
OP

soopra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
personally would love to keep the cover on through the year if the cover folded up closer to the structure bar, but the current angle where it folds makes sliding in a golf bag very difficult, so will try giving it a good smack! thanks everyone

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
To make removing cover, first adjust seats as far forward as possible and tilt forward will make removing cover easy.

jmA90

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2020 Subaru WRX STI
Once I've popped it out of the clips I fold it and take it out through the passenger door by moving the seat up. As others have said, its a pain to get out through the hatch because of the shape.

robotvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Audi A3 quattro
Once I've popped it out of the clips I fold it and take it out through the passenger door by moving the seat up. As others have said, its a pain to get out through the hatch because of the shape.
I was able to remove it out of the hatch area without any issues by just moving the passenger seat forward a couple inches and angling it out the back. No need to force it through the cabin.