DEATHDRUG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 premium Supra
Hey guys,

it’s with great sorrow that I am writing this. I need to sell my 2023 Supra premium 3.0. I’m going through a divorce and it used to be I had this and the wife had the suv. I need something more practical for the shit weather we have here in the PNW. The only thing I’ve done to the car is tinted windows and full ppf. Just trying to come up with ideas going to have to move into something more economical like a Tesla so dealer trade in is off the table. Appreciate all the advice and help Thanks so much friends
Sponsored

iResell

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
you can trade it in to tesla they’ll take it! My supra was traded for a tesla and i bought it from the auction from Tesla

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I buy and sell cars frequently, heres my typical routine:

Hit up the "instant offer" sites, KBB, Carmax, Vroom, etc. Get as many offers as you can. Typically these will be lower than you want, but sometimes you get lucky.

Use KBB, Edmunds TMV, and others to get an idea of what your car is worth. Dealers use the 'poor' value typically for trades, even if your car is perfect.

Search cars.com and autotrader.com for cars similar to yours (year, options, milage). See what they are listed for.

In the end you have 3 options:
- Sell to an instant-sell site like Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, etc. They pay you and come and get your car.
- Sell to a dealer (this can be part of a trade). Typically less money, however if you are trading in there can be a tax benefit, so consider how much this would help.
- Sell independently. Lots of ways to do this, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, Autotrader, etc etc. Hardest way to sell but has the highest possibility of getting you more money.

Good luck, DM me if I can be of any more help.

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
Sorry to hear.

DarkZupra gave great advice above. As he mentioned, don’t discount the trade-in option IF you live in a state that doesn’t tax you on the trade-in value portion of the purchase price. When I bought my Supra, I got slightly less for my ‘21 GLI than my best offers from Carmax/Carvana/Autonation. But, when I did the math on the tax savings, I came out $1400 ahead. I know that not all states have this offset.

Good luck on all of it.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
I've bought sold and traded in many cars, mainly leases
In my experience in California at least, is you have more negotiating room if you trade it in
Do use the car max and kbb instant offer to get an idea
Then bring the paper in but don't show them that , ask them to appraise it
It will be a low ball offer. If you show them you're serious and they believe you will buy the new car, the moment you say I have a better offer to sell it to say CarMax so I'll go sell it and come back, they'll match or even beat it
Since all car salesman know your chances of coming back are slim
They gave me 1k over kbb values on my last trade AND an additional 1k discount on the new car

Toyota Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ Cruiser
Hey guys,

it’s with great sorrow that I am writing this. I need to sell my 2023 Supra premium 3.0. I’m going through a divorce and it used to be I had this and the wife had the suv. I need something more practical for the shit weather we have here in the PNW. The only thing I’ve done to the car is tinted windows and full ppf. Just trying to come up with ideas going to have to move into something more economical like a Tesla so dealer trade in is off the table. Appreciate all the advice and help Thanks so much friends
Depending on color, I might be interested. Send me a PM if you like.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Tesla.. LOL. Just get a Subaru and keep your Supra. :coffee:
I like effective economical solutions.

How to sell.. just send an appraisal request to Carvana. They'll even pick your car up and give you a check on the spot.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
What part of PNW are you in? I might be able to help…

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I’ve gone the carmax route for 4 cars now. Each one I didn’t want to sell. So the pain of a private sale wasn’t something I wanted to deal with. In each case carmax offered me much more than any of the dealers near me, and was close enough to what I’d hoped to get in a private sale that I didn’t feel like I got totally shafted.

One trick with carmax is to get the offer via Edmunds. Just search for edmunds appraisal, provide your VIN and condition info, and usually if it’s a sought after car you’ll get the offer from carmax immediately. You can take that offer into the dealer, they do a quick confirmation of the condition you disclosed, and you’re good to go.

YMMV of course. The market isn’t the same as the last time I sold a car in October of last year.

Spettro11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT; (RIP to my '83 MkII)
I agree with puzzled, in the PNW I'd look for a used Subaru, they are everywhere, and keep the Supra for the good weather.

OP
OP

DEATHDRUG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 premium Supra
I buy and sell cars frequently, heres my typical routine:

Hit up the "instant offer" sites, KBB, Carmax, Vroom, etc. Get as many offers as you can. Typically these will be lower than you want, but sometimes you get lucky.

Use KBB, Edmunds TMV, and others to get an idea of what your car is worth. Dealers use the 'poor' value typically for trades, even if your car is perfect.

Search cars.com and autotrader.com for cars similar to yours (year, options, milage). See what they are listed for.

In the end you have 3 options:
- Sell to an instant-sell site like Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, etc. They pay you and come and get your car.
- Sell to a dealer (this can be part of a trade). Typically less money, however if you are trading in there can be a tax benefit, so consider how much this would help.
- Sell independently. Lots of ways to do this, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, Autotrader, etc etc. Hardest way to sell but has the highest possibility of getting you more money.

Good luck, DM me if I can be of any more help.
What part of PNW are you in? I might be able to help…
Portland
Depending on color, I might be interested. Send me a PM if you like.
stratosphere blue
Sponsored