I got a chance to see the new Supra without any camo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Those two colors aren't exactly a match as shown - of the two I much prefer the first. That first photo seems to have a good white balance judging from the driver's jeans and skin tone, so hopefully that is how the paint will actually look.
Sponsored

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Those two colors aren't exactly a match as shown - of the two I much prefer the first. That first photo seems to have a good white balance judging from the driver's jeans and skin tone, so hopefully that is how the paint will actually look.
It extremely depends on the light. Look at these pics, they all show the same car in the same color (frozen grey), but they all look different:

8B28AEAF-0857-4058-817D-466D3CC0D704.jpeg
87E29EFC-7B27-40F5-ADB7-E8306F6B05C8.jpeg
02147D1A-15A2-42F3-8E3D-3D38648B2E73.jpeg
787CCD6F-9E0B-4E41-9749-75B79A0C1879.jpeg

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
None of the above greys look to be a close match to that Supra's paint colour though, which is lighter in tone and has a more greeny-blue hue. (The hood on the second shot down is getting there, but it looks 'shopped - the colour on the car's side is a very poor match.) Whether the difference is just an artifact of the photography, time will tell.

Last edited:

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None of the above greys look to be a close match to that Supra's paint colour though, which is lighter in tone and has a more greeny-blue hue. (The hood on the second shot down is getting there, but it looks 'shopped - the colour on the car's side is a very poor match.) Whether the difference is just an artifact of the photography, time will tell.
You might be right. The source I got that picture of a matte grey Supra from (autobild) wrote about further colors they have seen at the test drive event: red, dark blue and yellow. Because there is no dark blue and yellow available for the Z4, maybe the red and matte grey are different too.
As you said: time will tell. 35 days. I hate that waiting time. :(

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
You might be right. The source I got that picture of a matte grey Supra from (autobild) wrote about further colors they have seen at the test drive event: red, dark blue and yellow. Because there is no dark blue and yellow available for the Z4, maybe the red and matte grey are different too.
As you said: time will tell. 35 days. I hate that waiting time. :(
I haven't seen yellow, but the Z4 does come in Mediterranean Blue Metallic.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/lets-talk-about-colors.591/page-13

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Of course it is. But often enough some guys don’t care about that, take some pics and load them up. The hope dies last.

I forgot to tell you that the Supra my dealer was sitting inside had red colored leather seats. I can imagine how awesome it must been looking in combination with a matte dark grey outside. :love:
Came across this pic and thought it'd be a nice look at what the Frozen Grey Metallic with red interior would look like!
I think it's a nice color that'll capture the lines of the A90 pretty well!
IMG_7923.PNG

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Came across this pic and thought it'd be a nice look at what the Frozen Grey Metallic with red interior would look like!
IMG_7923.PNG
Looking like the silver surfer with that paint. Love it

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_7923.PNG
The one you can bid on at Barrett Jackson;

This one-of-a-kind Supra will be the first new Supra available in the U.S in more than 20 years and will carry VIN number 20201. It will feature a matte gray exterior with red mirror caps, a red leather interior and matte black wheels. A carbon-fiber badge on the interior will indicate its status as the first 2020 Supra. Additional exclusive experiences will be announced prior to the auction.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The one you can bid on at Barrett Jackson;

This one-of-a-kind Supra will be the first new Supra available in the U.S in more than 20 years and will carry VIN number 20201. It will feature a matte gray exterior with red mirror caps, a red leather interior and matte black wheels. A carbon-fiber badge on the interior will indicate its status as the first 2020 Supra. Additional exclusive experiences will be announced prior to the auction.
Wouldn't that mean fi it's sold on January 19th, the buyer should know what it can be done and we can expect the specs by then?

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't that mean fi it's sold on January 19th, the buyer should know what it can be done and we can expect the specs by then?
Doesn’t sound like it. Everyone is bidding on a prototype replica of the car being auction. They won’t receive the car until it’s basically at dealers sometime in the first have of the year.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Doesn’t sound like it. Everyone is bidding on a prototype replica of the car being auction. They won’t receive the car until it’s basically at dealers sometime in the first have of the year.
:(

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Specs and pricing should be official on January 14th.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not necessarily. They unveiled the z4 and withheld info for a while.
Maybe not for every market but for sure for Germany (and other European countries). Because from 14th on you can sign a contract based on the Club 900 reservation.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.