I had a 2020 for a year, and now I have a 2021. A List of Different Stuff.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Which maps do you use on JB4? Have you had any hiccups with it?
I just use Map1 because my car goes (to me) ballistic at WOT and cannot put all that power down on the pavement.

No hiccups, super smooth as it can be.
Sponsored

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
The stuff the media has already said:
  1. It is faster, you can feel the power.
Of all the auto experts on this forum I am surprised no one had picked up on the point above. Toyota increased the HP but not the torque for 2021. What the driver feels is mostly torque. So i doubt that 21 MY is faster. It probably would give you higher top speed which is not legal for an average driver to try out on the street.

Other inconsistencies about this review had been pointed out, however.

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
"So i doubt that 21 MY is faster.'

MY2020: Zero to 150 mph: 26.8 sec

MY2021: 0-150 mph: 21.9 sec

2021 is MUCH faster and your assumption that the increased HP doesn't matter is just wrong.

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
"So i doubt that 21 MY is faster.'

MY2020: Zero to 150 mph: 26.8 sec

MY2021: 0-150 mph: 21.9 sec

2021 is MUCH faster and your assumption that the increased HP doesn't matter is just wrong.
EcuTek Tune from Titan Morotsports, Catless Downpipe from Titan Motorsports, Injen cold air intake kit and AWE non-resonated touring exhaust.=approximately 450HP on a TUNABLE 2020..problem solved!

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
EcuTek Tune from Titan Morotsports, Catless Downpipe from Titan Motorsports, Injen cold air intake kit.=approximately 450HP on a TUNABLE 2020..problem solved!
And if you put the same on a tunable 2021? ?‍♂ can go on endlessly. Point of comparing stock vs stock is because that's the only time the cars are equal. As soon as you start modding and tuning the results are askew.

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
And if you put the same on a tunable 2021? ?‍♂ can go on endlessly. Point of comparing stock vs stock is because that's the only time the cars are equal. As soon as you start modding and tuning the results are askew.
IF you have a tunable ECU? A few bolt on's don't make much of a difference without a tune.

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Agreed! But we all know this car was MEANT to be modded!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Agreed! But we all know this car was MEANT to be modded!
I don't know, I've always done mods on my cars, tunes, wheels, suspension, everything. The Supra is the first performance car I've owned where I felt like it was great straight out of the box. Normally I throw on wheels and springs immediately, but the black LE wheels look great. The wheel gap isn't bad and the suspension feels great as is. I put on a catback to open up the sound and tinted the windows and it's fantastic as is. I never feel like "it needs more" to be honest.

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I don't know, I've always done mods on my cars, tunes, wheels, suspension, everything. The Supra is the first performance car I've owned where I felt like it was great straight out of the box. Normally I throw on wheels and springs immediately, but the black LE wheels look great. The wheel gap isn't bad and the suspension feels great as is. I put on a catback to open up the sound and tinted the windows and it's fantastic as is. I never feel like "it needs more" to be honest.
Agreed you could leave it stock if you prefer which I did, nothing wrong with the wheels or exterior of the vehicle. Under the hood and exhaust is what matters!

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
EcuTek Tune from Titan Morotsports, Catless Downpipe from Titan Motorsports, Injen cold air intake kit and AWE non-resonated touring exhaust.=approximately 450HP on a TUNABLE 2020..problem solved!
Totally agree and not arguing that...I was referring to his post about whether a 2020 would be faster than a stock 2021 (obviously)

Last edited:

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
Interesting you say this... I modded my M2 the day I got it and continued to want to do more and more to it... But with the Supra, I actually feel like I don't have to do much to it at all. It's got all the performance I'll probably need from it and might modify the exhaust and possibly the wheels and that's it.

bhamvett

First Name
SR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2013 FR-S
Your not just going to tune a 20 and make it a 21. The engine and suspension received major upgrades. Both the 20 and 21 are great cars.

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
“Major” and “much faster” do not describe the reality of the changes. The net changes add up to more like “incremental” and “slightly”. Some of you 21 guys might be a bit full of yourselves.

unless you race. The differences don’t add up to significantly better for all but bench racers.
Sponsored