I need to get inspection, But I have JB4 what can I do?

JR Supra

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota GR supra 3.0 premium
I know I can take off the jb4, but the clip is being a pain in my a$@. I was wondering if when I go for my inspection can I unplug the jb4 from the OBD2 port then the inspector plug his tool to scan the ECU and then plug the Jb4 back in and be good? Also If I start the car with JB4 connected, but not hooked to the ECU what will happen? @Jesse DaBears @zrk THANKS!!
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I know I can take off the jb4, but the clip is being a pain in my a$@. I was wondering if when I go for my inspection can I unplug the jb4 from the OBD2 port then the inspector plug his tool to scan the ECU and then plug the Jb4 back in and be good? Also If I start the car with JB4 connected, but not hooked to the ECU what will happen? @Jesse DaBears @zrk THANKS!!
Don't remove the sensor clips of the JB4 itself, just OBD. You just have to pull real hard, it'll come out. Maybe give it a bit of a wiggle.

Set to Map 0 before the inspection. This is pass-through mode on the JB4, and it basically won't do anything. Just sitting there passively.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Since it’s a piggyback your ecu should just continue to read normally since there’s no signal interruption (the jb4). As zrk said just flash to map 0 then unplug from the obd and tuck the jb4 wire up into the dash area so it’s out of the way

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Don't remove the sensor clips of the JB4 itself, just OBD. You just have to pull real hard, it'll come out. Maybe give it a bit of a wiggle.

Set to Map 0 before the inspection. This is pass-through mode on the JB4, and it basically won't do anything. Just sitting there passively.
This
Sponsored