IAT too high, need help :(

yanggor7

First Name
yanggor7
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV DB42
Was using a HKS carbon intake (without box),swapped back to the stock. Still gives me high IAT.

After driving the car for 10min, turn off the enjine for like 3min and start it back. Its getting 70c - 80c and it gives me limp mode. (Outside of the car is around 30c)

Tried cleaning the sensor, changed the intake to the stock one with heat shield. Coolant everything is normal. It’s still the same iat. Anyone can help pls :>
16e75542-5af6-4a85-8482-28225da3b0bf.jpeg
Sponsored

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Only time I ever had similar I had too much oil from a K&N cone coat the sensor and fry it on an WRX.

even if you are sucking air off the turbo, 170 degrees would be impossible while moving. Almost has to be a reading error

Two Common

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 mk5 supra, 2006 shinka rx8,2011wrx 2023 telsa
look at the sensor harness. Could possibly be damaged. I agree there is no way that is a correct reading. Another thing you could do to test the readings is get a temperature sensor and place it on the intake cone and record while driving. see if it is remotely close.

OP
OP

yanggor7

First Name
yanggor7
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV DB42
bad sensor, loose wire or sensor?
Which sensor should i try changing? The one on the intake or the intake manifold one?a
Only time I ever had similar I had too much oil from a K&N cone coat the sensor and fry it on an WRX.

even if you are sucking air off the turbo, 170 degrees would be impossible while moving. Almost has to be a reading error
Any possible way that my intake manifold or any cooling system is broken?
look at the sensor harness. Could possibly be damaged. I agree there is no way that is a correct reading. Another thing you could do to test the readings is get a temperature sensor and place it on the intake cone and record while driving. see if it is remotely close.
thanks for the advise sir

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
No is completely stock
are there any check engine lights? when did the high IATs start? with the HKS intake? or were they always high?

OP
OP

yanggor7

First Name
yanggor7
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV DB42
are there any check engine lights? when did the high IATs start? with the HKS intake? or were they always high?
I have CEL because i changed to catless downpipe, but before the CEL i get the car gives me high iat and limp mode too

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
check your coolant for the intercooler. maybe theres air or its low.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That’s a good idea, been assuming it was the pre-turbo sensor but it could be the intake manifold.
This isn't directed at you, just an overall FYI.

There are three temp sensors:
- Intake right after the filter (pre-turbo). Most logging devices don't have access to this
- Charge pipe before the throttle plate. (post-turbo)
- Intake manifold after the intercooler. (this is normally what would put the car in limp mode at the temps the OP is stating)

#2 and #3 are also MAP sensors.

#2 can be 300F+ as it is the pre-intercooled charge temp coming out of the turbo
#3 should be under 170F

I would also check the intake manifold coolant tank and maybe even do the factory bleeding process.

OP: Has the car had the coolant changed recently or any leaks?

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
This isn't directed at you, just an overall FYI.

There are three temp sensors:
- Intake right after the filter (pre-turbo). Most logging devices don't have access to this
- Charge pipe before the throttle plate. (post-turbo)
- Intake manifold after the intercooler. (this is normally what would put the car in limp mode at the temps the OP is stating)

#2 and #3 are also MAP sensors.

#2 can be 300F+ as it is the pre-intercooled charge temp coming out of the turbo
#3 should be under 170F

I would also check the intake manifold coolant tank and maybe even do the factory bleeding process.

OP: Has the car had the coolant changed recently or any leaks?
I believe that sensor 1# is what is feeding the reading in the hidden temp menu on the dash. That is where I saw the jump in idle/standing temps when I switched to the Dinan intake
Sponsored