Idea - Dimple Die Floorboards

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Had an idea that maybe someone here can design or fabricate - Been seeing some growing interest in more race-inspired interior elements, such as door pull straps by @Carl - Driveway Labs and 777 Performance, or the extended shift paddles and carbon fiber bits that are highly popular on many of our builds. Got me thinking of other motorsport interior elements, and I was reminded of the Dimple Die Metal Floorboards/plates found in many Porsche and similar builds.

1669777902147.png
1669777938907.png

Not sure if this is possible on our platform, but could be a nice touch to have these plates over the two angled floor sections on the driver and passenger sides.

Rennline makes a whole bunch of them for different Porsches, Audis, and Minis, so it seems feasible. Theirs installs via a velcro and backing plate system, so it wouldn't even need to be drilled or bolted in.

Reached out to them and another metal fabricator, but definitely would love to have more able minds than mine to undertake it.

Maybe someone here in metal fabrication can bring this to market?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I think this is quite cool and would buy a set.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just Velcro holding it down? Yaaaa… that would fail tech if anybody that buys these sorts of things even goes to a track.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Just Velcro holding it down? Yaaaa… that would fail tech if anybody that buys these sorts of things even goes to a track.
What he said^ but I’d def be down to buy a set for looks

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0
Had something similar in my 240sx because the LSx headers would create so much heat on my floor. The company that made those was called streetfaction. I am confident they would make something for a90, believe they are already developing seat rails for us.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I missed that it was just Velcro holding it down 😂 Yeah that would be a no-go for any track use. Would love a product like this that is secured properly.

OP
OP
Twundy

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
I missed that it was just Velcro holding it down 😂 Yeah that would be a no-go for any track use. Would love a product like this that is secured properly.
So the handful of ones made by Rennline for modern cars (Audi R8, 997, 991, etc.) have been mostly velcro, but they've also made a lot of bolted down options for 930's and 964's, etc. Modern cars have different constructions that might make it harder to make it bolted down. They're just the first company I thought of reaching out to with this idea, so they could design something velcro or bolted down, or something different altogether. Just throwing it out there. I think it depends on if theres a nearby screw that it could be anchored on or not in the Supra.

For example, here's the back of an Audi R8 one:
1669840667353.png

But then here's a bolted-down one for the 89-98 964 and 993:
1669840773295.png

Whoever develops it, can definitely design it as best they see fit. I'll shoot an email to Street Faction also, and see what they think.
Sponsored