If I unlock the hatch using the door switch and then close the door, the hatch re-latches.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I had to turn my adjuster knobs quite a bit to reach a point that worked. So much, that the panel gaps were off significantly on both sides. And, the release was very, very tight with a huge "pop". In fact, on one occasion during adjustment, the latch didn't fully release the lid at all. I had to hit the button again to get it to pop, it was that tight.

This is a fine idea if it works for your particular car without these issues. On mine, both these concerns render this solution less than ideal. I'll live with slowly closing the door plus the occasional key-fob opening of the hatch when needed.

BGUfdl9.jpg
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I had to turn my adjuster knobs quite a bit to reach a point that worked. So much, that the panel gaps were off significantly on both sides. And, the release was very, very tight with a huge "pop". In fact, on one occasion during adjustment, the latch didn't fully release the lid at all. I had to hit the button again to get it to pop, it was that tight.

This is a fine idea if it works for your particular car without these issues. On mine, both these concerns render this solution less than ideal. I'll live with slowly closing the door plus the occasional key-fob opening of the hatch when needed.

BGUfdl9.jpg
Wow.. yeah that looks way over adjusted!

As I mentioned I found that mine were pretty much bottomed out and I don't think mine were adjusted from the factory....I didn't really need to adjust too much for this to work well!

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
This worked great for me and fixed the problem....Mine were pretty much bottomed out and I don't think they were adjusted from the factory....I didn't really need to adjust too much for this to work well!

kudos to @Spiguyver for posting this video :thumbsup:

Nice, Ty for that! this was kinda annoying me also.

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Did the knobs today. Works like a champ. Just gotta get them up high enough to make the difference. Just like the video shows, the ”clunk” when you hit the open button is also much more distinct.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
No adjustment of knobs on mine allows me to close the door from its "first stopping position", if I give it a little push. This is nuts :)
Sponsored