If it wasnt for the supra, what car to get????

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Come to think about it. My first true love was the C7 Corvette. I wanted one before the Supra so yeah probably that.

I owned a C7 at one time...It was a fun car...

Corvette 1.jpg
Sponsored

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I absolutely love my Mach 1 (handling pack) and would love to keep it. I drove @Traxion 's supra this last October when he had me come down to his place for a weekend and we did an auto cross event. Totally loved how well the car handled and drove. Only drawback is I haven't driven mine like that so I'm not sure how capable it is or how it drives comparatively to a Supra. I just know it felt great driving that thing and I threw down some really good times for my first auto cross and first time behind the wheel of a Supra. I plan on trading in this spring and swapping over to one.

Sgtfluffy16

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th anniversary edition
Totally understand what you mean. I think the long gearing just makes it worse. Do enjoy the intake noise and gearshift though.

it needs the 4.0L motor but thatā€™s quite abit more in price.
The long gearing was kind of a pain while on track (good for street) but the car made its best power right around 5000-6500 RPM so it was relatively easy to keep the car in its power range and you didn't have to shift so frequently. It was a win and lose type of thing. Overall I loved my 981 GT4. But it is kind of slow in a straight line. But it just wasn't the car I planned to keep. Did a ton of track days with it, learned a ton while driving that car. I personally think this 718 is overrated. As yes it does have a little bit of a bigger engine, can't duplicate the sound of a 981, not really a special either, but not worth it. Now a GT4 RS is 100% worth it! Obviously you can't even get one close to sticker but if you could purchase one at sticker they are monsters on track! Literally it's a street legal track car. I still think it's better than a GT3 RS.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
The long gearing was kind of a pain while on track (good for street) but the car made its best power right around 5000-6500 RPM so it was relatively easy to keep the car in its power range and you didn't have to shift so frequently. It was a win and lose type of thing. Overall I loved my 981 GT4. But it is kind of slow in a straight line. But it just wasn't the car I planned to keep. Did a ton of track days with it, learned a ton while driving that car. I personally think this 718 is overrated. As yes it does have a little bit of a bigger engine, can't duplicate the sound of a 981, not really a special either, but not worth it. Now a GT4 RS is 100% worth it! Obviously you can't even get one close to sticker but if you could purchase one at sticker they are monsters on track! Literally it's a street legal track car. I still think it's better than a GT3 RS.
Is it high high highly specā€™d with special German paint though? If not, no care.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
The 981 GT4 didn't sound good though. That Carrera engine was putting out claims like no other.

In the end, it was a good effort, but I can see why people didn't go nuts for one vs. the 718.

I do want to stress, I know the 4.0 in the 718 isn't the same as the GT3 engine, so there's that.

The RS is interesting. It's actually pretty civil on the street which is wild compared to a GT3 RS which is barely doable.

I have 3 friends with GT4 RS's and one with a 992 GT3 RS, I'm not talking off of YouTube reviews.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I had a cousin who had a C7. That's where the love of this car came from. Probably gonna own one in the future.
The C7s in 460 HP form are on even keel with a 3.0 Supra. However, they are quite a bit larger and are not known (some but not all years) for stellar reliability. However, if you are a big person, the C7 is more accommodating.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Sorry to hear about your 2023. That really blows. If I didn't have the Supra and was buying right now, I'd be looking at a 911 S or M4. I've been eyeing them both recently.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
The C7s in 460 HP form are on even keel with a 3.0 Supra. However, they are quite a bit larger and are not known (some but not all years) for stellar reliability. However, if you are a big person, the C7 is more accommodating.
I did race some C7's I did pull ahead some pulled ahead of me as my mods are not that crazy currently. and yes I am a bit of a bigger person but the Supra is really comfortable to me. Some of my taller friends have problems getting in, but they still like it.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
For me, it would be a new M2 because nothing else of similar price and performance has manual. Or I'd spend more and get a Porsche. That's almost certainly what I would do.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
@FuzzyRev85 for the price/performance ratio, I donā€™t think anything comes close to the Supra. Which is why if I was in yours and OPs position, Iā€™m almost certain Iā€™d end getting another Supra too.

The only other car that Iā€™d consider if I wanted to spend more $ā€¦. and Iā€™m going to eat fat crow for thisā€¦ is the new M2. Still donā€™t like how it looks but that thing is a rocket ship.
They look fantastic lightly modded. Put some wheels on, lower it, and maybe a lip and mild rear wing and it's a total transformation. Look at this:

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C7 is only 4" longer, about the same width, and 2" shorter than the Supra. Def not "quite a bit larger"
When it comes to accommodating large and tall drivers, the C7 is more comfortable, based upon many comments I've heard among lots of C5, C6, and C7 owners. There are 6'2" guys who drive Miatas, but they need to lower the seats and tilt them back.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did race some C7's I did pull ahead some pulled ahead of me as my mods are not that crazy currently. and yes I am a bit of a bigger person but the Supra is really comfortable to me. Some of my taller friends have problems getting in, but they still like it.
The overhang that is part of the Supra's roof is what taller guys tend to dislike. One of my former coworkes (6' tall) sat in my car today and commented that he doesn't like the shape of the roof due to its propensity to hit his head. A C7 would not solicit that type of comment. But yes, some people will sacrifice form over function.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
When it comes to accommodating large and tall drivers, the C7 is more comfortable, based upon many comments I've heard among lots of C5, C6, and C7 owners. There are 6'2" guys who drive Miatas, but they need to lower the seats and tilt them back.
Oh you are talking about interior. Yea for sure. It took me about two weeks for me to stop smacking my head on the roof getting into the car. lol
Sponsored