If not the New Supra, then what?

What other car are you looking forward to?

• Mazda R7/8 successor

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Nissan Z successor

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Honda S2000 successor

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • R36 GT-R

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Honestly I can understand it a bit. Nobody needs a car like a GT-R. Cars like that are simply dream cars that you want to have. Heck I would have one too if I would be made out of money but Im not. A GT-R is a bargain in the sense that it provides a performance that you can get from cars that are double or triple the price. Objectively it isn't cheap though. 100K new or 60-70K for good used ones certainly isn't cheap unless you have unlimited money and most people don't have that. So you need to sell your old car(s), spent your savings or need to take a credit or all of these things together just to get it. And with a dream car its like with a new love. You are just happy and everything is fine and perfect but as time goes on that feeling goes away and you are back in the realm of reality with a bunch of bills on your table and you have no idea how the pay them since you already spent all your money. The logical and often only solution? The break up.

It's like you said. People don't do their research often enough and I think that topic is not talked about in general often enough. People always focus on the buying price of a car itself when the costs that come after buying a car are the ones that truly make or break a car. It's why I personally only buy Japanese cars. Granted Im a fan of Japan in general but it's true that they generally build the most reliable cars. But as we all know even between them there can be quite big differences. I mean if a Mazda Wankel engine rips a big hole in your wallet you have only yourself and your lack of research to blame.
THIS is why the MKV is -60K tier:thumbsup:
Sponsored

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Just curious. Eventually Iā€™d like to own an A80. Do you guys know any places I could find one fairly stock with low miles? I know thatā€™s asking for much, but later on down the road Iā€™d be willing to dish out the cash for one. Iā€™ve checked autotrader and cargurus, but their selection isnā€™t that big.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Just curious. Eventually Iā€™d like to own an A80. Do you guys know any places I could find one fairly stock with low miles? I know thatā€™s asking for much, but later on down the road Iā€™d be willing to dish out the cash for one. Iā€™ve checked autotrader and cargurus, but their selection isnā€™t that big.
Have you checked Carsforsale?

Galerion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Yaris
THIS is why the MKV is -60K tier:thumbsup:
At least we think it is. I'm sure the teased GRMN version will be above that though.

Anyway I hope that the car will have the famous Toyota reliability despite the collaboration. Hearing that the parts were shipped to Japan first for inspection makes me hopeful of it.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Facebook pages, Supraforums, and word of mouth are still pretty much the only way to find A80s these days.

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio
Sometimes they are good cars up for bidding on bring a trailer too.
And they (BaT) provide several images and videos.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
Does anyone still want the IDx concept
I would be more interested if they made a silvia s16 exactly like the last one but modernized , but anyway nissan is not doing anything like the idx or silvia for the years to come, it is sad but it is the reality.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would be more interested if they made a silvia s16 exactly like the last one but modernized , but anyway nissan is not doing anything like the idx or silvia for the years to come, it is sad but it is the reality.
Hm,

How would a 245hp 2890 lb nissan 2+2 sell if priced at 36k but with strong torque to not feel weak? Maybe the same v6 in the 370 but detuned?

I would figure Nissan might see a market between the 86 and this 4 cylinder Supra

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
I would buy a car like this in an instant , a 2 liter turbo would do the job saving weight and having good mileage while being torquey. Nissan has one of the best 2 liter turbo engines(VC-T) actually but i doubt they will have a rwd platform to put it :/

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would buy a car like this in an instant , a 2 liter turbo would do the job saving weight and having good mileage while being torquey. Nissan has one of the best 2 liter turbo engines(VC-T) actually but i doubt they will have a rwd platform to put it :/
They could be cheap and work off of the 370z and make a whole new chassis and suspension for their r&d and reuse everything else. The issue is center of gravity and balance with a v6 in the front

Forumboy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None officially
Wish they just went ahead and made the IDx and yeah a new s would be cool too.
Sponsored