If I had a dollar for every ____ that wanted a piece of the Supra…

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
We have a wide variety of cars here in sunny FL. I find a lot of Infinity G cars (35, 37, 60?) always want to try. We also have our fair share of everything. Golf R’s and GTI’s, Challengers and Chargers and Mustangs, few Audi’s some Model 3 performance’s.

That latter being a pretty quick car my Model 3 performance went 11.49 @ 115mph so it was no slouch by any means and the dead stick launches never get old. My Model Y Performance does 0-60 in 3.5 and its always fun every time I hit it. Hope to buzz that one to the track shooting for 11’s! Now the Supra is the drama queen of the bunch, I have hit 3.3 best 0-60 but it was trying hard to kill me in the process, it’s not for the faint of heart.

Cars I may have met and had chance encounters with in Mexico and they had problems overtaking a certain Supra on a closed circuit track with full safety and supervision…

GT500 - The new one - so close
Golf R
GTI
C63 AMG
Model 3 Performance
Model S Performance (not the Plaid)
Challenger Scat Packs and Hemi’s (the smaller V8)
Charger Scat Packs - Hmm no Hellcats though they either don‘t want to or I guess there car was stolen cuz I don’t see many…
Infinity G cars (they are pretty though)
Trackhawk
TRX - hey give the guy credit its a tank
Civic (pick a variant, any variant)
C* Vettes ( no Z06 yet that one worries me a little)
M2, M3, M4’s no idea what years but so far hasn’t mattered to much, some were close…
and a smattering of others

I tend to not go to Mexico anymore these days and stuff I run across (in Mexico) is generally stock‘ish and most don’t have a driver mod. I’m sure if I showed up to a real Saturday meet (in Mexico) everything would probably send me off to Gapplebees there are some seriously fast locals here.

I was a hardcore Tampa Street… ummm… scene guy for like 10+yrs back in the 90’s and early 2000’s (pre Fast and Furious Movies after that every 16yr old douche knuckle with a Civic thought they were Vin Diesel) with a bunch of cars and while my heart desperately wants to head out on Saturday night I instead go to the back patio, take some bourbon and a cigar and then open YouTube and Type Supra VS… and silently cry a little and say it’s for the best 😂

Cool cars I got a thumbs up from - New Acura NSX made it a point to give me the thumbs up and even a Porsche guy, couldn’t believe it, had to pinch myself

Cars that may have so utterly destroyed the Supra that the fabric of time and space was permanently altered forever (at a track in Mexico with supervision)

2000HP Audi R8 V10 Twin Turbo - 2 Friday’s ago. He very politely brought me over to the Gap, served up a heaping helping of Gapplebee’s then disappeared into the dimensional time vortex created in the gap he left. If that seems like a lot of gapping… it was…

The Supra is tons of fun, faster then a lot, slower then a lot more but overall to me a beautiful car, gets loads of thumbs up and goes like a cracked out tweaker chasing his next hit…
Nice write up.

When you were in "mexico" and faced cars in a "closed circuit track supervised" what were your mods for the W's?
Sponsored

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
JB4 MAP 5 (this was ragged edge trims to high, afr to high don’t recommend but it was fast it needed a tune badly)
E30 Fuel
Injen Intake
Injen chargepipes
DInan CF turbo inlet
Kanji Garage catless DP
AFE Full exhaust
305/30 PS4’s to try to help with traction though not so much anymore…
Driver mod…

Just recently went to MHD backend flash, JB4 Custom Map 6 with E40 and it makes the old setup feel very slow… I have to get back to the dyno but really hoping north of 500whp now. I was close 2 weeks ago at 460 on Map 5 and e30, since then we’ve added Map 6 custom tuning (thanks ColonelAdama and Terry Burger!!!) and about 5psi more boost and now E40…

Last edited:

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
Teslas, "muscle" cars, pickup trucks, V8 SUVs, CVT WRXs, GTIs/Rs, clapped out 7th hand N54/55 cars always try to race me.. I just cruise along at 1500rpm, no need to prove anything

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Teslas, "muscle" cars, pickup trucks, V8 SUVs, CVT WRXs, GTIs/Rs, clapped out 7th hand N54/55 cars always try to race me.. I just cruise along at 1500rpm, no need to prove anything

You sir are a much better man than I. I have no such will power my adrenaline goes through the roof immediately and I’m fired up ready to go. it’s the thrill of it, it’s in my DNA I love racing. I have learned to temper that in my old age cuz things like jail, $5k fines, loss of license and my car getting crushed will do that but it’s no less exciting when someone wants to have a go…

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
You sir are a much better man than I. I have no such will power my adrenaline goes through the roof immediately and I’m fired up ready to go. it’s the thrill of it, it’s in my DNA I love racing. I have learned to temper that in my old age cuz things like jail, $5k fines, loss of license and my car getting crushed will do that but it’s no less exciting when someone wants to have a go…
I get it man but just isn't for me anymore. I spun out once in my GLI on the highway late at night when I was young cuz of trying to prove things to a bmw, I was going let's say very fast around a curve and there was just a little puddle of water I didn't see till I saw it. That was the only time I felt total loss of control and some how did not skid off road and damage anything, for those couple seconds while the car was spinning it was enough to make me contemplate about many things. I'm what you would call a pretty good driver too on the track based on lap times and making many mistakes there, and I still drive fast on the track that's why I got my Supra. But on the street, there's so many variables, and I got crashed into twice in the past 10 years, none of which were my fault, hell I was stopped at a traffic light and somebody hit me...

Since these I'm just done with being triggered by anyone on the street and also constantly looking around for dangers, they don't pay for my bills so I don't want to incur any bills cuz of them. I Still enjoy the weekly 75% pace touge run and occasional tunnel pulls at 2AM, but never when there's a car around me. A bit overkill but keeps the hair on my head a little longer and I know I can get home safe to see my wife and wiener dog another day. When people really piss me off tho I do give er the beans and leave them behind but it's hard to flip my switch unless it's base model Audi/BMW on subprime loan level of tailgating or brake-checking

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
I'm surprised that you could take a GT500 at that power level. Those things are beasts once they start rolling.

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
it's honestly terrifying. Every clapped out car thinks you're trying to cut up when you're just passing 1 or 2 cars and they begin tailgating you LOL.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I'm surprised that you could take a GT500 at that power level. Those things are beasts once they start rolling.
Take might be a strong word lets just say neither one of us was really “in front” of the other it was a Mexican Standoff down in Mexico where i’m lookin at him lookin at me lookin at him kinda thing and then he… exited the legal road course… and I continued on into the sunset with my pride intact. Don’t forget the driver mod, if he was just 1 gear off where he should have been… game over…

If your like me and watch a million YouTube videos those guys, especially here in our corner of Mexico, are pretty Johnny on the spot and most street drivers just going to work aren’t (however I usually am) and I use that to my advantage. Whether he would have one under perfect conditions, maybe, but he was sure surprised to see me lookin at him the whole time (Frankly so was I)

I generally try to pick fair fights too, except that R8 I already new the result but I just wanted to see it go and dayum did it go.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: bk5