If I had a dollar for every ____ that wanted a piece of the Supra…

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
So far had some bikes, Golf gti’s, couple BMWs, base Audi’s, Tesla’s, Tacomas, Tundras, prolly more Toyotas, Corvette, Mopar, Lambo, & more I can’t remember off the top of my head as of now. Every time I take the car out it’s something new everyday for the most part. Also, not 100% if they wanna really race but have gotten provoked 100% by majority.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MSGPAN

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Haha, I also get the Altimas! I also get a lot of Chevy Cruzes and basically anything with a skull decal on the back.

The most surprising to me are the 10-20 year old minivans. I get a lot of them!

1650837526347.gif
That's someone's mom on her way to Starbucks in that van where I'm at.

MSGPAN

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C6/C7 Corvettes with terrible sounding exhausts for me. Friday alone I had 3 of them.
I get alot of 4 cylinder cars with cheap glass packs like Mitsubishi Eclipse and Honda Civics (not even the Type R, but the standard sedan)

MSGPAN

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mitsubishi Eclipse and Honda Civics for the most part and than alot of Base model Dodge Challengers here in OKC. Every so often a 95 to 2005 model Mustang. Most of them just fly past me a rev up and then when we get to a stop light they wait for me to leave b4 they leave. I'm like where was all that reving up a minute ago take off to.

Skidsareforkids

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MkV.
There was a C8 looking like he wanted to go at the weekend but i was about to turn off... I wonder how that would've played out...
Also I have a friend with a F90 M5, but I'm pretty sure I know how that would go

tucker90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium AT Absolute Zero
Had a miata swerve between cars on the highway to catch up to me after I made a spirited, but safe, entrance on the on ramp. Just smiled and shook my head as he zoomed zoomed past me probably at WOT.

mdpalmer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT | 2001 DC2 Integra
Yup. I've seen it myself.

Money can't buy skill or driver awareness. Although, I would hope, with all the money it costs to purchase and run those cars on track, that they would have taken the time to get some instruction on how to drive on track. A big part of that is situational awareness, and if you are slower than someone behind you (not talking about an actual competitive race), let them by. A corner or two is fine but if they are holding you up they should GTFO, swallow their pride, and let you by.

But yeah, I just got the car a few days ago, on my 400 mile drive home from picking up the car, I had one idiot in a huge lifted truck trying to catch up with me on the highway, bro was going in and out of the carpool lane cutting people off. And finally did a ricer flyby on my right and almost ran that POS into the back of a semi truck, he slammed on his brakes and smoke came from his tires. Totally unprovoked I was minding my own business.

And also had a bright orange charger with enormous, ugly ASF chrome wheels, and stereo so loud the car rattled, moving in and out of traffic and deliberately jumping in front of me and accelerating and then slamming on his brakes. Did this a half dozen times and then changed 3 lanes at once at the last second to exit (no turn signal, of course). Again, I was just driving along peacefully.

And today, had some other dipshit in a new BMW 5 series tailgating the car next to me and then jumping in front of me zipping in and out of traffic. I rolled up next to it as if they were waiting for me, and then they ran off like it was a race. Wtf can't drive this car in peace, I knew it would happen but jeezus man everyone wants to test this car, I've only had it a few days.

I had an old school Gen 2 Dodge Viper GTS (should have never sold it, loved that car) and I never had it this bad.

At the track it is Porsche people that seem to get schooled or embarrassed.

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Yup. I've seen it myself.

Money can't buy skill or driver awareness. Although, I would hope, with all the money it costs to purchase and run those cars on track, that they would have taken the time to get some instruction on how to drive on track. A big part of that is situational awareness, and if you are slower than someone behind you (not talking about an actual competitive race), let them by. A corner or two is fine but if they are holding you up they should GTFO, swallow their pride, and let you by.

But yeah, I just got the car a few days ago, on my 400 mile drive home from picking up the car, I had one idiot in a huge lifted truck trying to catch up with me on the highway, bro was going in and out of the carpool lane cutting people off. And finally did a ricer flyby on my right and almost ran that POS into the back of a semi truck, he slammed on his brakes and smoke came from his tires. Totally unprovoked I was minding my own business.

And also had a bright orange charger with enormous, ugly ASF chrome wheels, and stereo so loud the car rattled, moving in and out of traffic and deliberately jumping in front of me and accelerating and then slamming on his brakes. Did this a half dozen times and then changed 3 lanes at once at the last second to exit (no turn signal, of course). Again, I was just driving along peacefully.

And today, had some other dipshit in a new BMW 5 series tailgating the car next to me and then jumping in front of me zipping in and out of traffic. I rolled up next to it as if they were waiting for me, and then they ran off like it was a race. Wtf can't drive this car in peace, I knew it would happen but jeezus man everyone wants to test this car, I've only had it a few days.

I had an old school Gen 2 Dodge Viper GTS (should have never sold it, loved that car) and I never had it this bad.
Yep. Had a guy in a lifted truck try to catch up to me (it seemed like) in the city as I was cruising and he ended going so fast that when the light turned red he couldn’t slow down in time and blew right through it. Also been tailgated a few times. One time where an idiot had tailgated me so bad I couldn’t see his headlights anymore. The list goes on…

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Within the first week:

Corolla
Pontiac Aztec (lol)
Elantra N
M340i
2 x GTR
Q60
Civic SI
Mustang GT
WRX
Golf R
Entertained any? Or nah

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Just the M340i as it was an empty highway late at night.

Pulled a 1-2 cars in 3rd and kept pulling in 4th. Wasn't expecting such a gap tbh.
Good ol' weight ratio