tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Amazon version, not the IND one with the putty so I had to use a regular clay bar.
yeah, I also got the Amazon version as well ...the putty they include is useless...I'll try using blue clay bar
Sponsored

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
LOL i think i bruised my hand on the steering wheel trying this over and over yesterday hahahha. im about to use my hot glue gun dent removal tool. f it! hahaha

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ill try again later i guess hahahaha looks good.

I had success after I rolled the supplied putty into a ball and placed on small smooth bottle cap I had...I then pushed that onto the button and pulled back quickly...much more surface tension and the button came right off!

Red start button putty.jpg

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Surprisingly good quality for a $10 button...ha!

Red start button 3 closeup.jpg

Last edited:

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
I had success after I rolled the supplied putty into a ball and placed on small smooth bottle cap I had...I then pushed that onto the button and pulled back quickly...much more surface tension and the button came right off!

Red start button putty.jpg

Ok so I tried a few times then finally went looking around the house for something roughly the same size that is metal. My ex wife bought me a bunch of cologne I never use and fuck me it worked. Thank you jimmy choo whoever tf you are lmfao. Got it installed!!!! Used the cologne cap!

20200204_191802.jpg

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I tried a few times then finally went looking around the house for something roughly the same size that is metal. My ex wife bought me a bunch of cologne I never use and fuck me it worked. Thank you jimmy choo whoever tf you are lmfao. Got it installed!!!! Used the cologne cap!
:rofl:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
thanks!

I ended up using the supplied putty that came with the button....

I had success after I rolled the supplied putty into a ball and placed on small smooth bottle cap I had...I then pushed that onto the button and pulled back quickly...this provided much more surface tension and the button came right off!

That's how i got mine to come off, was struggling a lot with only the putty but after using a coke bottle it came easy out easy :thumbsup:

cutsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Austin Mini (VTEC), 2020 Supra, 2005 Cooper S
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you everyone. I was also having issues removing the button with the clay bar, but I took everyone's suggestions, and finally got it done!

I used the plastic cap from the Gummi Pfledge bottle, rolled a small ball of clay onto the plastic cap (Mothers clay bar if it matters), pressed the clay onto the button AND held it for a second, then pulled. $$$

R0ME0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Premium 3.0 (DSB)
Added the brand new @iND-Distribution Replacement Engine Start Button to my Supra recently. There is 3 color options available: Red, Yellow and Blue. I opted for the Blue as I wanted something a little different from the rest. Something to note not sure If many of you care, maybe the OCD in my is getting the best of me, but I noticed the Amazon ones the text is not quite centered on the button (sitting slightly higher on the surface of the button. I ended getting both and did a comparison just for science purposes LOL. Really love the IND one the text is perfectly centered on the button and the finish is much glossier.

I also saw a few posts online about using a putty or Clay Bar to remove the button. Although that method would only take a few minutes, I didn't want to risk damaging the stock factory silver button or not being able to properly clip in the new button with the 2 prongs. The results turned out great. Some pictures below of my install along with the steps I took to install the button. Took me a total of 30 minutes from start to finish. A nice little mod to really class up the interior. Ended up making a Vlog out of it. Hope everyone enjoys!

ToUazc5.jpg

SAaeCF8.jpg

DW01NPn.jpg

IND Replacement Blue Engine Start Button Install VLOG
Sponsored