IND A90 Supra Start / Stop Button DIY

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Added the brand new @iND-Distribution Replacement Engine Start Button to my Supra recently. There is 3 color options available: Red, Yellow and Blue. I opted for the Blue as I wanted something a little different from the rest. Something to note not sure If many of you care, maybe the OCD in my is getting the best of me, but I noticed the Amazon ones the text is not quite centered on the button (sitting slightly higher on the surface of the button. I ended getting both and did a comparison just for science purposes LOL. Really love the IND one the text is perfectly centered on the button and the finish is much glossier.

I also saw a few posts online about using a putty or Clay Bar to remove the button. Although that method would only take a few minutes, I didn't want to risk damaging the stock factory silver button or not being able to properly clip in the new button with the 2 prongs. The results turned out great. Some pictures below of my install along with the steps I took to install the button. Took me a total of 30 minutes from start to finish. A nice little mod to really class up the interior. Ended up making a Vlog out of it. Hope everyone enjoys!

ToUazc5.jpg

SAaeCF8.jpg

DW01NPn.jpg

IND Replacement Blue Engine Start Button Install VLOG

I'm going to need this for my Refraction Blue A91 :hmm:
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
You would think Toyota could at least change the colors on the push start button to make it more exciting. The silver one, ehhhhh ughhhh....
At least on this it's only a cover. I changed the start button on the STI and it was the whole assembly, not just a cover. $300 just to get a red button instead of a black one :confused1:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Does it remove/install with the putty or does it require removing the push button assembly?

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
I had success after I rolled the supplied putty into a ball and placed on small smooth bottle cap I had...I then pushed that onto the button and pulled back quickly...much more surface tension and the button came right off!

Red start button putty.jpg
You nitro is expired.

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
I had success after I rolled the supplied putty into a ball and placed on small smooth bottle cap I had...I then pushed that onto the button and pulled back quickly...much more surface tension and the button came right off!

Red start button putty.jpg
I was just getting to the point of cursing this lil POS button.. lol Decided to do a quick search. Came across this thread, and as usual your input was very helpful! Used a cap to a lil container I had, about the same size of the button, with the putty given, and it pulled off first try. TY!

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2022 M235
Hereā€™s what worked for me after failing a few times! I didnā€™t have a good cap to use, so I used a screwdriverā€™s end. I was careful and positioned myself so I donā€™t stab myself with the sharp end. I pushed the loctite fun-tak hard onto the screwdriver and then hard for a few seconds onto the start button.

first attempt pulling ended up with a successful removal of the stock button.

Attachments

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hi everyone! If you've gotten this far in this thread .... you're probably just like I was.

The putty wont stick. It won't stick! I can't get the button out! I'm mad!

Stop. Wipe the button down with rubbing alcohol. Then do it again. Nothing crazy.... just enough so it feel perfectly smooth when rubbing the pad on the button.

Now use putty (I ordered clay bar from amazon). On the third try, the start button popped out and I was done. I hope this saves some folks some time and effort. Cheers!