installed intake, no spooling sounds

supTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone had just the Armaspeed intake installed, would that create the turbo spooling noises?
Sponsored

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone had just the Armaspeed intake installed, would that create the turbo spooling noises?
It’s typically one of the reasons people put in a CAI, that and marginal HP gains.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I mean…… the spooling noise is created by the turbo. The intake might help you hear it but its subjective and not the purpose of the intake. did you buy an intake for the increased level in spooling noise?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
My coworker has this intake on his a91 and we put a downpipe on his car yesterday and gave it when he left and the turbo spool is noticeable, definitely more so then mine when is factory. The biggest piece blocking noise there is that chamber in the turbo inlet

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I recently installed Armaspeed Intake...I have ASD disabled, and even with Active Autowerke downpipe with Armytrix exhaust I can clearly hear the turbo through the intake.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Armaspeed is loud as f. Almost absurd. It can’t really get any louder than that..

OP
OP

supTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
I only have the Armaspeed intake installed, and all I notice is the intake/induction sound, and no spooling, I was just wondering if that is normal or should the stock turbo sound be noticable now? thank you guys so much for your insights!

eastwest2300

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
QX70
I have an Armaspeed in mine and really more than anything, I hear a sssssssoooooooppp'ing sound which is to be expected but also pretty sweet..
Sponsored