Interior Door Handle Stuck

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Has anybody experienced their driver-side interior door handle not being able to be pulled back? It just started happening today randomly. It only pulls out an inch or so (not enough for the door to open), and I can't tell if there is something lodged behind it or if there is a reason for it. Thoughts before I tear her apart?
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Before pulling the door apart make sure the latch on the body hasnt moved or bent, then by hand make sure the locking mechanism in the door functions as it should be exposed enough to test without pulling apart the door.

OP
OP
Sak Dangler

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Thanks, Zupra! I went out a bit ago to look at it again. I see what's happening now. The door will not unlock. The only way the door will open is if I roll my window down and use the outdoor handle. Even with that, the door opens but remains locked. Today is the first I've had this issue, and I took just a short and easy drive to the gas station.

OP
OP
Sak Dangler

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
If it makes a difference, there is power to the door. When I hit the unlock button, both inside of the car and key fob, the lock/unlock knub moves up a little and then stops. It moves just barely enough to see, but there is power to the door.
Sponsored