IPOS im450

Ryhuynh96

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 2.0
Do you need to upgrade to forged internals for this turbo?
Sponsored

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Do you need to upgrade to forged internals for this turbo?
You don't need to with this turbo, as it's only slightly bigger than stock, but if you wanted to go big turbo, those would be a must. I think this turbo is rated at like 500 hp on the B48, which is probably unsafe daily territory and you're not going to be getting there without a flash tune anyways.

OP
OP
Frogsupra

Frogsupra

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
Yeah Iā€™m planning on keeping the car around 400 hp, still slightly nervous about not getting the forged internal package, but weā€™ll see what happens.

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Yeah Iā€™m planning on keeping the car around 400 hp, still slightly nervous about not getting the forged internal package, but weā€™ll see what happens.
We appreciate you doing the research for us all! :patriot:
If a company could develop a specific turbo kit to the 2.0 to get us safely into the 400 hp range, I think it would be a hit.

OP
OP
Frogsupra

Frogsupra

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
Hey guys I got my car back last night with the new turbo and Iā€™m so so pleased with it. Would seriously recommend to everyone with a 2.0.

hopefully Iā€™ll have a chance to get some draggy times this week to actually measure the performance gains but the difference feels incredible.

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Hey guys I got my car back last night with the new turbo and Iā€™m so so pleased with it. Would seriously recommend to everyone with a 2.0.

hopefully Iā€™ll have a chance to get some draggy times this week to actually measure the performance gains but the difference feels incredible.
Are you still running just a JB4 without a custom Jesse map? And you can tell that much of a difference from stock running JB4 and downpipe?

OP
OP
Frogsupra

Frogsupra

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
Iā€™m currently not using the JB4 at all. Waiting on new map once I get all my data logging done.

this Turbo has made the car significantly faster then all of the other modifications I did combined. It pulls so hard all the way to triple digits now with no tapering off. I think once I have the tune in place I will be happy.

car feels like a rocket ship now and am getting sub 4 second 0-60 times with ease

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Iā€™m currently not using the JB4 at all. Waiting on new map once I get all my data logging done.

this Turbo has made the car significantly faster then all of the other modifications I did combined. It pulls so hard all the way to triple digits now with no tapering off. I think once I have the tune in place I will be happy.

car feels like a rocket ship now and am getting sub 4 second 0-60 times with ease
That's awesome, man. Very happy to hear. This might be my next mod next summer after new tires and a drop. Please keep us updated with Draggy times and reliability going forward because it will still be at least six months before I pull the trigger. And thanks for being the "guinea pig." I love seeing the 2.0 get some love instead of hate.

OP
OP
Frogsupra

Frogsupra

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0
One thing to note my mechanic had issues with the lines that were originally sent and there was some confusion if the lines were even good. That said, the manufacturers communication was the best Iā€™ve ever dealt with and they continued to help me until I had a solution. That was so stressful but all said and done I am so happy and would recommend to anyone. Car is a completely different animal in the best way. I went with the t51R mod as well and itā€™s subtle but awesome, would go with it again

Mimosa901

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra

Hearing this is making me excited to install my turbo kit. Which is finally arriving this upcoming week after 6 month wait. I didnā€™t get the same kit but hopeful for same results.

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
One thing to note my mechanic had issues with the lines that were originally sent and there was some confusion if the lines were even good. That said, the manufacturers communication was the best Iā€™ve ever dealt with and they continued to help me until I had a solution. That was so stressful but all said and done I am so happy and would recommend to anyone. Car is a completely different animal in the best way. I went with the t51R mod as well and itā€™s subtle but awesome, would go with it again
I think the owner of IPOS posts here as well. He's in the other 2.0 thread hovering around this one talking about the gains on his B48.
Sponsored