Suzilla 2.0 Build Thread

Mimosa901

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Hey all, first time doing a build thread so here we go. Currently own a 2022 Absolute Zero GR Supra 2.0. I bought the car back in December of 2021 with the prime goal of making a fun daily beater out of it. To date, I have no regrets and have had lots of fun with the car.

2022 Toyota GR Supra w/ safety & tech package

Current mods:

Engine:
AFE Track Series Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System w/ Pro 5R Filter
Kenji Garage Race Downpipe (Catless)

Current appearance:

Suspension/Tires/Wheels:
H&R Lowering Springs + Tein Silencers
Future Classic - A90 Supra 5x112 - 15 MM Wheel Spacers (all around)
A91 Wheels W/ SupraOEM+ center caps
YOKOHAMA ADVAN SPORT A/S+
Fronts: 255 /35 R19 96Y XL BSW
Rears: 275 /35 R19 100Y XL BSW

Exterior:
Seibon Carbon Fiber Door Garnish
Southbay Autoworkz Carbon Fiber Diffuser
Southbay Autoworkz Carbon Fiber Rear Side Extensions
Autotecknic Carbon Fiber Duckbill Spoiler
Sayber Design Carbon Fiber Front Lip
Roof Wrapped in Avery Satin Black
Awe Tuning Foiler Wind Diffuser
Rexspeed CF M Style Mirror Caps

Interior:
Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Gear Handle
Cusco Trunk Power Brace Harness Bar

Waiting to be put on:
Blitz Strut Brace
Rexspeed Rear Side Spats

Future Plans:
Exhaust (tbd)
ECU unlock
Flex Fuel Kit
Sponsored

Last edited:

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I have a question, I know it’s a “fun daily beater”’ but your spending a good bit of money on mods. Why didn’t forgo some of those mods and buy a 3.0 and enjoy the performance from that. Not saying your wrong to do what your doing, just genuinely curious.

OP
OP
Mimosa901

Mimosa901

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
I have a question, I know it’s a “fun daily beater”’ but your spending a good bit of money on mods. Why didn’t forgo some of those mods and buy a 3.0 and enjoy the performance from that. Not saying your wrong to do what your doing, just genuinely curious.
Hello, so when I was originally looking. There wasn’t any 3.0 available in a “decent” vicinity to test drive. I was only able to find a 2.0 in nitro yellow to test drive. I loved the car instantly so I decided to try and find an absolute zero 2.0. Another factor was I got a pretty good deal on the car. I paid 49k for it, that included weather tech mats + tint + windshield/tire protection, 5 year maintenance plan. When the car arrived there was a 3.0 available but they wanted 62k for it and I couldn’t really justify the extra 13k for it. I also came from a 2010 Toyota Corolla S, so my standards were pretty low, so the 2.0 felt like a big jump. I also didn’t really plan on modding it initially but here we are lol.

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Ok, makes sense. I did use to own a BRZ so I get it. Good luck with your build. If I were in your shoes I’d focus on the handling aspect and the better weight distribution. Maybe autocross to thrash it a bit every now and then.

The gouging dealers are doing now is absurd. I got lucky, I got my 3.0 Premium with 3000 miles on it for $48k right before things went nuts

OP
OP
Mimosa901

Mimosa901

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Been a while but finally got some things installed on the Sup.
Got H&R lowering springs and Future Classic - 15 MM wheel spacers all around installed this past weekend by @SD_MK and another Supra buddy of mine. I apologize for the pictures, not the best, haven’t had the chance to go get some better ones.
On a side note, next thing up should be a downpipe, picked a kenji garage DP up this past weekend and that will be installed at some point. Main post has been updated as well with current parts, etc.

50FAF4BC-A62D-4C16-9E6D-D264E43C71CA.jpeg

OP
OP
Mimosa901

Mimosa901

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Another update some new parts were installed recently. Kenji Garage Race (Catless) Downpipe was installed about a month ago so far no cel. In my opinion made a huge difffence sound wise.
Awe Tuning Foiler Wind Diffusers was installed as well.
Also have some new parts coming in at some point . Ordered the B48 Bigboost900 Turbo Kit Upgrade and also have some CF M style mirror caps coming in as well.
First post had been updated with current buildsheet.

Tersine

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Another update some new parts were installed recently. Kenji Garage Race (Catless) Downpipe was installed about a month ago so far no cel. In my opinion made a huge difffence sound wise.
Awe Tuning Foiler Wind Diffusers was installed as well.
Also have some new parts coming in at some point . Ordered the B48 Bigboost900 Turbo Kit Upgrade and also have some CF M style mirror caps coming in as well.
First post had been updated with current buildsheet.
I'll be looking forward to that turbokit upgrade! What route are you going in getting your ECU unlocked?

kashuab

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Renaissance Red 2.0
Ordered the B48 Bigboost900 Turbo Kit Upgrade
Wonder how long the B48 will last when pushed hard. There are people saying the internals are the same as B58, others saying that they're not and pushing past 300whp is too risky on the 4-cyl.

Definitely following this thread. Godspeed brother

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Wonder how long the B48 will last when pushed hard. There are people saying the internals are the same as B58, others saying that they're not and pushing past 300whp is too risky on the 4-cyl.

Definitely following this thread. Godspeed brother
I mean, for all intents & purposes the B48 is essentially a B58 with the front two cylinders removed. They develop the six cylinder architecture first, then work backward in order to create a four cylinder version of it. It's much more cost effective and results in a better design for both iterations. And to prove my point, there are several internal components shared between the two, a big one being the connecting rods.
Sponsored