First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We have multiple KW DDC orders and they've been delayed as well, we had one deliver recently but everything else is ETA September now and those are from orders placed months ago.

We have the KW V3 in stock after being out of stock forever.

As well as the AWE Touring, its best to order from a dealer that has had the exhaust on order instead of waiting for a newly placed order.

-Josh
Sponsored

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I understand the world is crazy, I said that. What im frustrated about is being given estimates/expectations that dont end up coming true.

If a company cant give a reliable estimate right now, they shouldnt give one.

I ordered my BC Forged wheels, with a 7 week estimate. Made in Taiwan. I had them in my hands 7 weeks later. So its not everyone.
They were giving you reliable estimates based on their experience. Like others have said it's not the distributors fault for the mfr not being quick enough. Plus would you really order from someone who said "no idea when your part is coming in and I'm not going to tell you. Please just give me the money for your order."? No... you would want an estimate of when it would come in.. You would run for the hills to someone who could give you an estimate.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
We have multiple KW DDC orders and they've been delayed as well, we had one deliver recently but everything else is ETA September now and those are from orders placed months ago.

We have the KW V3 in stock after being out of stock forever.

As well as the AWE Touring, its best to order from a dealer that has had the exhaust on order instead of waiting for a newly placed order.

-Josh
Josh, can you DM me which springs you have in stock? I might just grab a set to hold me over.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They were giving you reliable estimates based on their experience. Like others have said it's not the distributors fault for the mfr not being quick enough. Plus would you really order from someone who said "no idea when your part is coming in and I'm not going to tell you. Please just give me the money for your order."? No... you would want an estimate of when it would come in.. You would run for the hills to someone who could give you an estimate.
Yep, i 100%, would, and do. "We have some on order but have no ETA" is 100x better than "It will be here in 8 weeks" and then 10 weeks later "Nevermind, it will be 18 weeks. Maybe". it's even WORSE when after 8 weeks theres 0 communication from the vendor about the delay, until I initiate it.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
It's not the wait... it's the fact that most of these companies, like Seibon, don't update their status until AFTER they miss their initial shipment. These companies already know that these things are delayed weeks before shipments go out, but the customer isn't notified unless they (the customer) reaches out to them.

I understand the landscape, but customer service shouldn't falter. The majority of us just want decent, timely communication.

I feel bad for the distributors/storefronts that get faulty information/no information from these manufacturers/rebranders. They are the ones having to deal from the backlash of disgruntled customers.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's not the wait... it's the fact that most of these companies, like Seibon, don't update their status until AFTER they miss their initial shipment. These companies already know that these things are delayed weeks before shipments go out, but the customer isn't notified unless they (the customer) reaches out to them.

I understand the landscape, but customer service shouldn't falter. The majority of us just want decent, timely communication.
How many vendors/distribtors/customers do they have across a wide variety of platforms? Imagine the amount of work for each order to send out that amount of communication for something that is delayed a couple of weeks.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
How many vendors/distribtors/customers do they have across a wide variety of platforms? Imagine the amount of work for each order to send out that amount of communication for something that is delayed a couple of weeks.
That's not my problem. If a company is in this game there are tools readily available AND scalable to handle logistics matters for businesses large and small. If companies neglect to set up their logistics infrastructure correctly then that's on them. Allowing customers/vendors to stay in the dark without timely status updates is not good business.

If the shipping time is missed and I wait a week for a status update after the fact then that's just not a good look. I should not have to email the company a week after missing a deadline to get a status update.

With that said... I am understanding about the predicament of the world right now, but that shouldn't be an excuse for bad communication... Unless we are under some kind of EMP attack.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
With that said... I am understanding about the predicament of the world right now, but that shouldn't be an excuse for bad communication... Unless we are under some kind of EMP attack.
This. This is exactly what im talking about.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
As a manufacture and supplier of car parts, I can tell you the industry is screwed right now. If a part isnt in stock, just expect to get it whenever you get it. When I get a time estimate from a manufacture, I normally tell the customer to double that time frame if they want it to be somewhat accurate. Its not just one or two companies, its all of them and for the most part, its their suppliers fault, not their own.

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
First, I get it. The world has gone crazy, supply chains are out of whack, people aren't working.

All that being said, I'm having a HUGE amount of trouble with vendors meeting timelines. We've been in this crazy situation long enough that vendors should know how long it will take them to handle orders, but Im continually having stuff pushed back. And I'm wondering if its just me.

Example 1:
I ordered the KW DDC suspension through IND Distributions. Ive been using IND forever, their CS has always been great, and they only carry good products so I have confidence that if IND sells it, it should be great. I contacted both them and KW before ordering, and was told it would be 8 weeks to build and ship from Germany. Heres how this has gone ->
5-17-21 - Ordered
6-28-21 - Told the suspension would ship 7/25/21 (10 weeks)
7-27-21 - Told the suspension would ship 9/15/21 (17 weeks)

So Im going to have to wait an additional 9 weeks beyond the 8 weeks I was initially told, and thats only if they don't push it back again.

Example 2:
I ordered the AWE Touring Resonated exhaust direct through AWE, I was given a 40-45 business day lead time (8-9 weeks). Heres how that has gone ->
5-21-21 - Ordered
6-10-21 - Told the exhaust would ship 7/22/21 (9 weeks, so on time so far)
7-27-21 - Told the exhaust would ship 8/6/21 (11 weeks)

Once again, a vendor cannot meet the timeline they provided. Am I the only one having these issues? Do I need to be ordering these parts some other way?
I had this issue with Magnaflow an was super bummed about it because I ordered it weeks before I would be home from trucking an was told mid to late July….in April. Cut to my second choice the exact one you mentioned…I called a few places and speed industry had it just without the black diamond tips and chrome instead. Well not only did it get there before I got home (June 5th) Speed industry and AWE both sent me black tips. Granted had to send a set back cuz didn’t need 2 but was pretty impressed they had it out to me in less then a week from the time I got home

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
In these weird times, it really does pay to inquire stock status to as many vendors and manufacturers as possible. You'd be surprised that the one item everyone is looking for is sitting on some vendors shelf.

Also, If you can't find it anywhere and have exhausted all options. Just put an order in to get yourself in line! Some manufacturers are in triage mode and will only create production orders based on backorders. But please be patient. Most vendors and manufacturers try to give "best guess" estimates versus just saying "no eta". However, It is very difficult to determine eta's during these times where supply chains are so volatile and inconsistent.
Sponsored