Jacking / Lifting Points

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I read through the thread as I plan to put my drag radials on today. From my understanding I can jack from the sides? I don’t want to potentially ruin the diff..
You won't ruin the diff unless you hit the fins, but yes. Jack the car from the jack points on the sides.
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
You won't ruin the diff unless you hit the fins, but yes. Jack the car from the jack points on the sides.
Can I jack one side at a time a few inches? Or do i need two jacks

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
For the rear - single jack on the diff, in front of the fins. If I have to jack the front then I use 2 jacks on either side.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I'm not lowered at all. so I cannot comment on lowered car. as it is on my car when I try to put the jack on jack points, it has about 1.5 inches to move around. if you are lower than that, perhaps you can fabricate 2x8 or 10 to roll on so you get clearance.
I would have never truly considered these things w/out your post @nibble. Great input & thx! I'm so old fashioned (tracking since 2002) and just jack up my rides from either side or front/rear. I just got the Elibach lowering springs and can see from your pics I could easily use my race ramps to add additional clearance. I only do basic stuff - like changing my track & street tires back n forth, pads/rotors, simple fluids, so.... this is mega tempting 😂. I even bought all the BMW adapter crap I don't really need. Ever since @zrk said crush em, I want to do it! Dadgum forum... Too many good suggestions on here :spaz::rofl:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I would have never truly considered these things w/out your post @nibble. Great input & thx! I'm so old fashioned (tracking since 2002) and just jack up my rides from either side or front/rear. I just got the Elibach lowering springs and can see from your pics I could easily use my race ramps to add additional clearance. I only do basic stuff - like changing my track & street tires back n forth, pads/rotors, simple fluids, so.... this is mega tempting 😂. I even bought all the BMW adapter crap I don't really need. Ever since @zrk said crush em, I want to do it! Dadgum forum... Too many good suggestions on here :spaz::rofl:
I'm only lowered .5" and I have to drive up on 2x4s or raceramps to get a jack or quickjacks under the car.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
thanks for kind words! I received many help from others so I try to help as well. ;)

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
20190126_161239.jpg
If you can't have a lift, QJs are super helpful.
I took the middle ground.
:offtopic: but.... love your tire rack! I want that and the nice tire covers 😍 I literally have mine stacked up like a tire wall in my garage :rolleyes:

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
:offtopic: but.... love your tire rack! I want that and the nice tire covers 😍 I literally have mine stacked up like a tire wall in my garage :rolleyes:
The covers are TireRack brand..I can't remember where I got the rack but I'm thinking Harbor Freight, if that helps. My floor space is far too valuable real estate, so I'm always getting stuff off the ground or dumping it off in storage. 😂