• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: JACKS 750 BUILT 8HP51 TRANSMISSION

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
How are you this dumb lol.

Core costs 3250$ cheapest on eBay. let's do the math ill break it down for you.

if the build costs 2300 + shipping of 300$ each way + oil 250$ you are at 3150$ before taxes.

what is 3150$ + 3250$?

6400$

How am I asking for a premium you lowballer?
Not if you send them your transmission. You keep forgetting that. Use your transmission and itā€™s half. How do you not understand??? The heatwave is really getting to you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTSDON

GTSDON

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BUILT AMG GTS 1000+ PURE 800 SUPRA
i offered you my stock trans on top of the cash, not because I thought you were a shop, but because itā€™s easier to sell a working stock trans for $1.5-2k itself to recoup some money. Plus the $3500, you would end up with $5-5.5k in the end. But you obviously canā€™t think that way.
We are going in circles, it's simply not for you. Thanks for checking. AGAIN. I think the heat wave got to you more than it did to me. Or you have some sort of dyslexia TRY reading and understanding I DO NOT NEED A CORE. I am selling as a WHOLE UNIT no CORE NEEDED. If that's something you are interested in by all means, if not sit and wait for a "deal" like you probably did on the entire build.

Happy labor day, I'm sure there will be some banging deals!!

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
you are 100% right, the lesson learned. LOL no one is crying you're just a lowballer. The end of the story "go find a deal" is probably why your transmission is stock till today. Couldn't find a deal..
im fine with my stock transmission. Car runs perfectly fine with it. Not looking for a deal, just a reasonable price.

the fact that you are losing money on the core doesnā€™t make that trans worth more.

If you think Iā€™m lowballing, answer me this: can I get a jacks 750 transmission for $3500 if I send them my transmission?

OP
OP
GTSDON

GTSDON

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
im fine with my stock transmission. Car runs perfectly fine with it. Not looking for a deal, just a reasonable price.

the fact that you are losing money on the core doesnā€™t make that trans worth more.

If you think Iā€™m lowballing, answer me this: can I get a jacks 750 transmission for $3500 if I send them my transmission?
Sure you can. Never said you can't, You're just having a very hard time understanding or grasping the idea that a core is included, Why would I take your core? You can sell your core and recoup the money. Why do I need to go the extra steps? That is why AGAIN IT IS NO CORE NEEDED. BUILT TRANSMISSION READY TO DROP IN.

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
We are going in circles, it's simply not for you. Thanks for checking. AGAIN. I think the heat wave got to you more than it did to me. Or you have some sort of dyslexia TRY reading and understanding I DO NOT NEED A CORE. I am selling as a WHOLE UNIT no CORE NEEDED. If that's something you are interested in by all means, if not sit and wait for a "deal" like you probably did on the entire build.

Happy labor day, I'm sure there will be some banging deals!!
We know you donā€™t need a core. But you price that transmission with an extra $3k (which is like a core price).
we get it, you invested $7k on the trans, butā€¦ā€¦whatever. Donā€™t matter. You ainā€™t selling that sh!t anymore unless you find someone that lives under a rock.

OP
OP
GTSDON

GTSDON

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We know you donā€™t need a core. But you price that transmission with an extra $3k (which is like a core price).
we get it, you invested $7k on the trans, butā€¦ā€¦whatever. Donā€™t matter. You ainā€™t selling that sh!t anymore unless you find someone that lives under a rock.
Whatever you say lowballer. Go find a deal or stay stock as it seems.

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
So what price are you looking for OP? Because this all seems quite unnecessary.

reroute

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
5 pages that wouldnt have existed if you just typed 5700 OBO

Realistically though, I don't think that things gonna move when you're still charging 89% of what you paid for it. Thats quite steep for something you're just trying to get rid of. I think people would be way more keen if it was in the 4800 ish range

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
People must love me when I sell stuff. New in box or not, if not coming from the original source, it is not new, it is now used. I tend to knock off 20%-30% off the price I paid, just to move it.

Speaking about the transmission, new to the Supra world. I assume the guys mentioned in here are top notch, but, would they even warranty a transmission for someone other than the original buyer?

I know when I built transmissions, it was warrantied for the original buyer.

Richard

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
People must love me when I sell stuff. New in box or not, if not coming from the original source, it is not new, it is now used. I tend to knock off 20%-30% off the price I paid, just to move it.

Speaking about the transmission, new to the Supra world. I assume the guys mentioned in here are top notch, but, would they even warranty a transmission for someone other than the original buyer?

I know when I built transmissions, it was warrantied for the original buyer.

Richard
When I'm selling shit, I just want it gone. So I'm with you there.

Jack's is top-notch (well, second to the top, but that's arguable). I'm not sure if they're going to warranty after it's been re-shipped, installed, sold, etc. It'd be worth reaching out to them.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
So what I've gathered is if you're not willing to have an extra transmission just hanging out then you're not a baller.

By virtue of having two built transmissions OP is balling out of control. He's decided to take pity on the poors by offering them a chance to be half as balling as he is. Unfortunately, all the poor lowballers are just too stupid to realize how magnanimous OP is being.

On a serious note very curious of the 'deal' OP got on his pure transmission and if it included a core or not. What price made him disregard his existing build vs just paying the 6k for the build to start with. Sounds like he's ok getting a deal but not giving one.
Sponsored