Jb4 custom map

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
@kaj , from what I’ve been told, the JB4 has a custom Ethanol map and you don’t need to add any sensors or flex fuel kit…
JB4 doesn't have any such map, but you can tune a JB4 to run ethanol.
How? Using the fuel temp sensor, maybe? Wait. I'm confusing FlexFuel with an E85 tune. I'll never, ever have another car run on e85 without FlexFuel.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
How? Using the fuel temp sensor, maybe? Wait. I'm confusing FlexFuel with an E85 tune. I'll never, ever have another car run on e85 without FlexFuel.
I said Ethanol, not E85. Flex is fine, flex is ideal. E30 is fine, and E40 with meth is fine.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I said Ethanol, not E85. Flex is fine, flex is ideal. E30 is fine, and E40 with meth is fine.
Yes, you did. I'm not used to anyone tuning anything ethanol related unless running e85, since that's what comes out of the pump (more or less). I suppose figuring out 30 and 40 is okay for some.
I think it will be quicker to research on the manufacturers website instead of trying to read between lines on what the JB4 can and can't do 😂

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yes, you did. I'm not used to anyone tuning anything ethanol related unless running e85, since that's what comes out of the pump (more or less). I suppose figuring out 30 and 40 is okay for some.
I think it will be quicker to research on the manufacturers website instead of trying to read between lines on what the JB4 can and can't do 😂
They'll almost always tell you to add a few gallons of E to the tank to up your octane.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It's just like the Evos, you need an actual continental flex fuel sensor wired into the ECU and the ECU tuned/modded to have flex fuel tables properly setup. (see screenshot below)

What is *not* like the Evos is that you have to also add port injection to run full E85. Things get complicated quickly.

The OEM ECU calibration can run up to E25 no issue as the fuel trims basically have enough latitude to compensate. Think of it as OEM flex fuel but only up to E25. ;)

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 12.07.13 PM.png

Reactions: zrk

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
It's just like the Evos, you need an actual continental flex fuel sensor wired into the ECU and the ECU tuned/modded to have flex fuel tables properly setup. (see screenshot below)

What is *not* like the Evos is that you have to also add port injection to run full E85. Things get complicated quickly.

The OEM ECU calibration can run up to E25 no issue as the fuel trims basically have enough latitude to compensate. Think of it as OEM flex fuel but only up to E25. ;)

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 12.07.13 PM.png
So nope on e85 lol. I'm assuming car runs like crap on anything north of e25. I don't feel like playing that guessing game, anyway. I'm actually relieved to be sticking with pump. SO much easier and no more transporting 20gal of fuel to the track. 😂

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So nope on e85 lol. I'm assuming car runs like crap on anything north of e25. I don't feel like playing that guessing game, anyway. I'm actually relieved to be sticking with pump. SO much easier and no more transporting 20gal of fuel to the track. 😂
It would start leaning out once the fuel trims max. Since the Supra runs 14.3-13.8 already at WOT, running leaner is really running leaner…
Sponsored