JB4 Custom map 6 settings?

mikeag96

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Wondering if anyone running similar mods/fuel (93 octane, AA catted downpipe, and MSTv2 intake) would be willing to help a bro out and share their map 6 settings.. Map 2 doesn't run smoothly and my current map 6 settings were tweaked by BMS support (Terry) and let's just say, they're not very good, as I was overboosting.. I would purchase a custom tune from Jesse, but I don't see myself spending $500 for a custom map..
Sponsored

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
So, take this as lightly as possible, but it sounds like you wont be running a clean map if your not willing to pay for it.

There is a reason we aren't all running a custom map6 for free.99. Copying someone's map parameters sounds kind of like theft. Jesse (Or whoever) put a lot of time and effort into creating a properly running map for those paying. Maybe you don't see it this way but I guarantee if the tuners catch wind of this they wouldn't be pleased. Best of luck to you and I hope you find a way to get what you need without screwing anyone over. I'm assuming that is your intention.

To all, am I wrong here? Please feel free to correct me.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
fair enough. I'm just not willing to spend that much $$ on map 6 settings. saving that $$ for a proper flash tune.
I am sending my ECU on the next trip, but if I wasn't - I would still love my Map 6. Depends on your endgame. Map 6 has been great!

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I recently obtained and installed an AA DP and second hand JB4 with the original owners map6 from Jesse. I played with it a few times while testing everything out before returning the car to storage. It did feel really good but I would not trust it long term since there can be differences from one car to the next. I will be getting a new tune from Jesse when the car comes out of storage again and before autocross season.
I’m not sure how I would feel about just using the original owners map long term? The map was paid for by the original owner before selling it to me so I guess in that sense I did pay for it. Still kinda seems a little dishonest but the map was purchased and if I did keep it is still only being used by one person so I guess it would be ok? Doesn’t matter though since I’m going to be hitting Jesse up for a new map specific to my car and mods.
What you want to do seems like outright theft to me.

OP
OP
mikeag96

mikeag96

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I recently obtained and installed an AA DP and second hand JB4 with the original owners map6 from Jesse. I played with it a few times while testing everything out before returning the car to storage. It did feel really good but I would not trust it long term since there can be differences from one car to the next. I will be getting a new tune from Jesse when the car comes out of storage again and before autocross season.
I’m not sure how I would feel about just using the original owners map long term? The map was paid for by the original owner before selling it to me so I guess in that sense I did pay for it. Still kinda seems a little dishonest but the map was purchased and if I did keep it is still only being used by one person so I guess it would be ok? Doesn’t matter though since I’m going to be hitting Jesse up for a new map specific to my car and mods.
What you want to do seems like outright theft to me.
$500 for map 6 settings seems like theft to me lol

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

then come up with your own map numbers.

You can do it. How hard can it be?? I mean what's the worst that can happen?

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Not if you're looking for results/better performance. I mean people, myself included, have paid 500 for an intake that doesn't really provide a huge (if any) gain. Why wouldn't I pay the same for actual performance gains??

OP
OP
mikeag96

mikeag96

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
then come up with your own map numbers.

You can do it. How hard can it be?? I mean what's the worst that can happen?
sure! hey, you can even let me test it out on your car :) free of charge of course 👌🏼

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Just wait for one of his inevitable sales. He does one around pretty much every holiday. I wouldn’t use someone else’s settings for map 6 because the values are dependent on your car, fuel, altitude, local weather, etc.

Anyone I’ve seen talking about their custom map 6 from Jesse can’t stop going on about how much better it is than the OTS maps and how good they feel. The guy’s doing something right so don’t knock his work. It is definitely worth getting. Just wait for a sale if you don’t wanna pay $500.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
sure! hey, you can even let me test it out on your car :) free of charge of course 👌🏼

You couldn't catch me. even w a Jesse tune.

I have a Big D Altima Energy Tune- super custom

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
No one can just "share the numbers" because every car is different, every local fuel situation is different, every climate is different, etc. Your numbers won't work on anyone else's car.. That's why it's called 'tuning' and it's an industry.

There's a reason that OTS maps and real tunes are so damn different.

If you don't want to spend money, don't. But @Jesse DaBears spends a ton of time on each tune, looking at logs, adjusting all of them individually, etc. I've even watched him check other folks' logs and make adjustments while we're at the race track in between runs/cool down.

Don't spend money- that's fine, but, saying that someone asking for money to work with you, spend their time, etc, help out at all hours is theft is fucking asinine.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Yeah, I run a @Jesse DaBears Map 6 and I would not share my settings as I feel like that would be dishonest.
It's not just Dishonest. I wouldn't run someone else's map 6 even if we had the same mods. From what I understood from previous threads about JB4's and Jesse it's not just the setting that are taken into account. Anywhere from were you live to the humidity and temp are taken into consideration. Not just that, another reason is and I mean this literally every car is different from each other even if it's the same mods same place or same everything. One of the biggest reasons why I dont fully trust ots maps only. Unless its from someone trusted like bm3 or mhd
Sponsored