JB4 Exhaust Flap Question?

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
So, I love the sound of my cold starts with my exhaust flap open (it's WAAAAY LOUDER with ARK DTS exhaust and Catless DP) but I also live in an apartment building and I don't want to be "that guy" all the time with the loud car.

I know the JB4 can force the exhaust flap open. But can this be down BEFORE the vehicle starts so I can choose if I want the exhaust flap open or closed for the start up?

If you didn't know, if you start up in sport mode, the flap doesn't open until the cold start if over. I am hoping the JB4 can be a way around this easily.
Sponsored

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Um, the flap is closed on cold starts for a few minsā€¦

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
yes and my question is can the JB4 override that.
Ignore the other guy. I can tell you from experience that it can. You can force it open, closed, or back to stock settings any time you are parked. It will keep whatever settings you used between cycles as well.

OP
OP
Delta1Seven

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Ignore the other guy. I can tell you from experience that it can. You can force it open, closed, or back to stock settings any time you are parked. It will keep whatever settings you used between cycles as well.
thanks. So to confirm. It will do this while the vehicle is off, before a start up?

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
thanks. So to confirm. It will do this while the vehicle is off, before a start up?
If you already had it set up before turning the car off yeah. I havenā€™t tried it without turning the engine on though. Give it a try. Youā€™ll know if it worked. Even if you gotta turn the car on to do it youā€™ll only be missing a couple of seconds from the first cold start. Itā€™ll stay open once you have it set up. Only way to close it after that is for you to follow the same procedure you did to open it.

In short, yes, it will open the flap and keep it open.
Sponsored