JB4 Firewall Hole Question

ShinDohyun

First Name
Dohyun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I recently just ordered my JB4 for my 22'. Does anyone have any problems of that fire hole leaking while raining or have any solutions if there is any problems?

I remember watching a JB4 install video where the installer recommends putting E6000 on the hole so water doesn't seep through the firewall into the driver side foot panel.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I recently just ordered my JB4 for my 22'. Does anyone have any problems of that fire hole leaking while raining or have any solutions if there is any problems?

I remember watching a JB4 install video where the installer recommends putting E6000 on the hole so water doesn't seep through the firewall into the driver side foot panel.
There's basically zero possibility that water could make it from outside the car through that hole in the firewall that you use for JB4, meth controller, reflex or anything else. I have the Verus hood louver installed with a hole cut in my hood, and there's no way water could get back there.

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 MKV, '21 4R TRDP, '20 JLUR, '13 LR4, '72 442
There's basically zero possibility that water could make it from outside the car through that hole in the firewall that you use for JB4, meth controller, reflex or anything else. I have the Verus hood louver installed with a hole cut in my hood, and there's no way water could get back there.
So you think an entire roll of Flex Seal and some Kitty Litter should do it?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Unless the car is in 2+ feet of standing water, you don't need to worry about any water seeping in through the firewall.

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
No way water could get in there unless you pop the hood open and shoot a water hose at the hole.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I have a hole from the jb4 and now one on the other side for flex fuel.
no issues what so ever.

the hole can just be a slit with a knife. I fed the jb4 connector with a string tied to the connect end and a nut tied to the other side of the string.
It made it easier to guide the jb4 connector through

Last edited: