PARA90N

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra
Hello everyone,

Wanted to share my JB4 log and get some perspective on whether this is normal - car's hitting 25.7 PSI of boost using:

JB4 + EWG Connector, on Map 2.
K&N High Flow Filter
Stock Otherwise
3 Gallons of E85, rest 93 Octane.

Map 2 Overboost.png

Car pulled strong during logging from 3,000rpm to redline on 3rd gear without issues. Decided to log because there were moments of hesitation under WOT on the same map sometimes, around 2 out of 10 pulls.

Appreciate the feedback if anyone has any, thanks!

EDIT: Attached log file zipped up, additional comment - car is not throwing any error codes at all or going into any form of limp mode.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
@Jesse DaBears is the expert on the JB4 and custom Map6 setups for you.

As for your experience, I've run map2 before and I did notice spikes on boost when datalogging. Getting a custom map6 solved it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I would ask the people who made that device? Not random people
I know quite a bit about JB4, I also know how to read logs. I'm pretty qualified to help, but as someone mentioned above. Jesse is the one you wanna talk to.

OP
OP
PARA90N

PARA90N

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra
I know quite a bit about JB4, I also know how to read logs. I'm pretty qualified to help, but as someone mentioned above. Jesse is the one you wanna talk to.
Thanks! Yeah I've messaged Jesse and am waiting for a reply.

Thought I'd get some feedback since there's a high number of locked ECUs out there probably running piggybacks.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
PARA90N

PARA90N

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra
@Jesse DaBears is the expert on the JB4 and custom Map6 setups for you.

As for your experience, I've run map2 before and I did notice spikes on boost when datalogging. Getting a custom map6 solved it.
Definitely no meth. Literally plugged in JB4 and used the app to change to Map 2 via Bluetooth.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Bought new straight from the BMS website.
Make sure you flash the latest firmware. What fuel are you using? I can take a look at your log and see if I can get a hold of jesse. We both got pretty sunburned at the track yesterday, so he might be.. out for the day, lol.

OP
OP
PARA90N

PARA90N

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra
Make sure you flash the latest firmware. What fuel are you using? I can take a look at your log and see if I can get a hold of jesse. We both got pretty sunburned at the track yesterday, so he might be.. out for the day, lol.
I appreciate it! Log's attached on OP as a zip file. Yeah I'll have to flash update the firmware for sure - was under the impression that it was already on the latest firmware since I just picked up the JB4 unit recently.

Not in a rush to hear back from Jesse; it's a holiday after all!

Reactions: zrk

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Guys I have a question, I messaged Jessie about this as well.

I just got the JB4, waiting for my 1200 mile break in period to finish. What kind of map can I use with all stock parts? And what gains am I looking at?
Also I have a AA downpipe (catted) and an intake waiting to be installed. Once that install is complete what map am I able to use?

I plan on sticking to 93 gas.
Sponsored