PARA90N

PARA90N

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra
Guys I have a question, I messaged Jessie about this as well.

I just got the JB4, waiting for my 1200 mile break in period to finish. What kind of map can I use with all stock parts? And what gains am I looking at?
Also I have a AA downpipe (catted) and an intake waiting to be installed. Once that install is complete what map am I able to use?

I plan on sticking to 93 gas.
Reading through previous threads on here folks have been anywhere between Maps 1-4 with varying results.

What scares me is that there are folks with full bolt ons on Map 5 with blown turbos.

On my car which is basically stock I'd probably limit it to Map 2 regardless of 91/93/E85.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Please please please remember that the JB4 maps are not linearly powerful. There is a difference between them. Absolute vs Relative boost addition.

Map0: Stock tuning, fully disable JB4
Map1: Additive map with peak of 3psi over stock added (91 octane)
Map2: Additive map with peak of 4psi over stock added (91-93 octane)
Map3: Additive map with peak of 6psi over stock added (93+ octane)
Map4: Absolute target map with peak of 20psi target (93+ and/or E30 octane)
Map5: Absolute target map with peak of 22psi target (E30+ fuel)

Maps 4 and 5 have absolute boost targets. Meaning they target say 20psi.

Additive or Relative maps add boost to whatever you have. Map 3 for example is much more "risky" than map 4. A target of 20psi is sane, but on map 3, if the ECU is attempting to reach 16psi (Low DA, great fuel, no knock, whatever), JB4 is going to request 22psi.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
If you're really pushing and holding 25 psi your stock turbo won't live long...something seems very amiss here.
I run map 6 E30-40 myself.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're really pushing and holding 25 psi your stock turbo won't live long...something seems very amiss here.
I run map 6 E30-40 myself.
It's not, look at the log (and the screenshot of the log).

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
It's not, look at the log (and the screenshot of the log).
OPE, got a little excited. Just checked it out. Thanks

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Reading through previous threads on here folks have been anywhere between Maps 1-4 with varying results.

What scares me is that there are folks with full bolt ons on Map 5 with blown turbos.

On my car which is basically stock I'd probably limit it to Map 2 regardless of 91/93/E85.
Don't go above map2 on pump gas; lots of people who've run map3 on pump gas have blown up their turbos (check out the F30 bimmerpost forum, plenty of people there who found that out the hard way).

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't go above map2 on pump gas;
Map2: Additive map with peak of 4psi over stock added (91-93 octane)
Map3: Additive map with peak of 6psi over stock added (93+ octane)
Map4: Absolute target map with peak of 20psi target (93+ and/or E30 octane)
Please see my message above. "Above" doesn't mean what you think it means. Map 4 is -not- above 2 in power, and potentially "safer."

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Please see my message above. "Above" doesn't mean what you think it means. Map 4 is -not- above 2 in power, and potentially "safer."
That's fair.

To better reword my original response -- I believe the recommendation for cars on pump gas, if you don't get a custom tune (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) is to stick with map1 or map2 and get your logs checked by someone who knows how to read the logs. Jesse is the go to guy for Supras. I think some people on bimmerpost can also check for you as well.

Reactions: zrk

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Just curious....what the peak boost level on the stock tune?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
This whole discussion reminds me that I have a JB4 in the garage to install and I really wish I had already done it since it's driving weather again. So reading this, it sounds like on pump gas, Map 2 or 4 is where you want to be, or work with someone on a custom Map 6? Map 3 on a stock turbo is possible (likely?) to cause damage.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
This whole discussion reminds me that I have a JB4 in the garage to install and I really wish I had already done it since it's driving weather again. So reading this, it sounds like on pump gas, Map 2 or 4 is where you want to be, or work with someone on a custom Map 6? Map 3 on a stock turbo is possible (likely?) to cause damage.

If you bought an apple computer you wouldn't ask Apple about questions on how to set up?

What if the computer could blow up if you pushed the processor too fast? Still rather just ask strangers on the internet?

I really don't know why people bother to buy stuff from people they refuse to get free and readily available service from.

The JB4 people couldn't be easier and more open to help. but no, Just pick a random map and send it!

No wonder engines fail with some people.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
If you bought an apple computer you wouldn't ask Apple about questions on how to set up?

What if the computer could blow up if you pushed the processor too fast? Still rather just ask strangers on the internet?

I really don't know why people bother to buy stuff from people they refuse to get free and readily available service from.
I get it. If I had setup questions or warranty issues I would, for sure, contact Burger Tuning. I'm not seeing anywhere on the product page where they offer the service to assist you in creating a custom map for your vehicle. Is that something they simply don't advertise and you know they will gladly help you do?

The JB4 people couldn't be easier and more open to help. but no, Just pick a random map and send it!

No wonder engines fail with some people.
Have you ever done business with anyone on the Internet ever?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is that something they simply don't advertise and you know they will gladly help you do?
They do offer that support. You can get a map from Terry, but it's usually garbage. That's why people pay Jesse. I've seen the logs from some of the Terry tunes, they're not... amazing.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
They do offer that support. You can get a map from Terry, but it's usually garbage. That's why people pay Jesse. I've seen the logs from some of the Terry tunes, they're not... amazing.
Good to know - thanks. I see doing business on the Internet like buying drugs. It's always the guy your connections tell you has the best shit. In this case, I've only ever heard people mention Jesse, which leads me to believe he probably has the goods.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good to know - thanks. I see doing business on the Internet like buying drugs. It's always the guy your connections tell you has the best shit. In this case, I've only ever heard people mention Jesse, which leads me to believe he probably has the goods.
Pretty good analogy honestly.
Sponsored