JB4 Map 3 - Is the boost too high?

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I have recently installed the JB4 on my 2021. I ran the car normally for a few miles and then worked it a little. I noticed the boost (from the mobile app) was running up to 26-28psi. I have the gauge mapped to Boost and not Boost 2 so I'm not sure if that is it. Any help is much appreciated - I certainly need to get my knowledge of the psi numbers right before I run er hard. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have recently installed the JB4 on my 2021. I ran the car normally for a few miles and then worked it a little. I noticed the boost (from the mobile app) was running up to 26-28psi. I have the gauge mapped to Boost and not Boost 2 so I'm not sure if that is it. Any help is much appreciated - I certainly need to get my knowledge of the psi numbers right before I run er hard. Thanks in advance.
I highly recommend you find a tuner, I also highly recommend @DaBears as that tuner. That is really high.

OP
OP
Sak Dangler

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Thanks zrk. My thoughts exactly with it being too high. I did run a log through the app, but I need to read up and figure out what I need to do with that and who to send it to, or even if it would help any. I am not sure if it makes a difference, but it was wet outside and I had traction control on.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Sak Dangler

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Out of curiosity, for those running the JB4 - What should my boost pressure be in sport mode running it decently hard (not quite to rev limit)?

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
I second getting with Jesse @DaBears for some tuning help! He's got mine running STRONG!!! and we've been making adjustments to keep the logs looking clean. We found Map 3 to be pushing way too much on mine.

Reactions: zrk

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Are there end user tuning options for the JB4 are do you have to find a tuner to make any adjustments? Assuming the latter, is there an 'official' process for engaging a tuner or do you just ask around on social media..?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Are there end user tuning options for the JB4 are do you have to find a tuner to make any adjustments? Assuming the latter, is there an 'official' process for engaging a tuner or do you just ask around on social media..?
You can make all the adjustments in the app yourself. Asking around on Social media is the way to find a JB4 tuner. I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't vouch for Jesse DaBears. He's done hundreds of cars.

You can get a general 'yes this is ok I guess' from having Terry or Steve from BMS read your logs on the N54 forums, as well.

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
You can make all the adjustments in the app yourself. Asking around on Social media is the way to find a JB4 tuner. I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't vouch for Jesse DaBears. He's done hundreds of cars.

You can get a general 'yes this is ok I guess' from having Terry or Steve from BMS read your logs on the N54 forums, as well.
Exactly, I was frustrated at the lack of clear direction from the N54 forums. Jesse has been awesome to work with.
Sponsored