JB4

SCCA Racer#75

First Name
Dave`
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 ZL1 1LE
Can we get a 100 octane tune for cars that keep stock downpipe?

Best Regards,
Dave

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Can we get a 100 octane tune for cars that keep stock downpipe?

Best Regards,
Dave
I am sure you can, email Terry at BurgerTuning. He is a class act, I have used JB4 in the past and after working with them, I am forever a loyal customer.

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 1998 E36 M3 LS3 Twin Turbo
I am sure you can, email Terry at BurgerTuning. He is a class act, I have used JB4 in the past and after working with them, I am forever a loyal customer.
Same here. He has been excellent with communication with me so far. You can tell him what you are looking to do and he will give you the recommendation, have you datalog, and then he will check it remotely.

OP
OP
Thatguyw_stat

Thatguyw_stat

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 650whp, GTR 1500whp, BMW X5 F15 Daily
Vehicle Showcase
Well we’re back on the road from Labworx, Kevin the same man behind the keys on EAG car has done my car. I have a few things I’d like to do before hitting the track. Will continue to keep you posted all team. Keep this thread alive!

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
These piggy backs just trick the car into increasing boost levels only right? The change the reading to the computers right?

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
These piggy backs just trick the car into increasing boost levels only right? The change the reading to the computers right?
Basically, yes. They read a few other things and I think they may be able to change some timing stuff? (not sure on that). Either way, I would not recommend it for you because your car sees the track. The flash tunes are much more predictable and smoother.

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Any JB4 install videos for the 2020 supra?

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport

It is just 2 connections in the engine bay. Super easy
I saw that video. Unfortunately the supra has a big chunk of a metal device on the driver side that is blocking the grommet access to the inside to connect to the OBDII. How did you guys route the wires to the inside?

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I saw that video. Unfortunately the supra has a big chunk of a metal device on the driver side that is blocking the grommet access to the inside to connect to the OBDII. How did you guys route the wires to the inside?
The video sucked because our engine compartment is definitely different than the one shown in the video.

Anyways, finding the grommet and access to it was extremely difficult. Take off the driver's side access panel under the hood (turn the knob and it will release).

Look for the big round metal canister thing. Immediately next to it, you will see a plastic wall with a small notch/cutout on the left.

If you put your screwdriver in that cutout and push straight forward you will break through the plastic grommet on the firewall which leads into the passenger compartment.

I taped the jb4 obd2 cable to the piece of the screwdriver sticking into the cabin then pulled it back out into the engine compartment.

It sounds difficult, but, it was super easy once I found that notched plastic wall cutout and the grommet immediately behind it.'

If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
The video sucked because our engine compartment is definitely different than the one shown in the video.

Anyways, finding the grommet and access to it was extremely difficult. Take off the driver's side access panel under the hood (turn the knob and it will release).

Look for the big round metal canister thing. Immediately next to it, you will see a plastic wall with a small notch/cutout on the left.

If you put your screwdriver in that cutout and push straight forward you will break through the plastic grommet on the firewall which leads into the passenger compartment.

I taped the jb4 obd2 cable to the piece of the screwdriver sticking into the cabin then pulled it back out into the engine compartment.

It sounds difficult, but, it was super easy once I found that notched plastic wall cutout and the grommet immediately behind it.'

Thanks. If you have pictures it will help. It does say the OBDII connection is optional but I'm missing some readings without it.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. If you have pictures it will help. It does say the OBDII connection is optional but I'm missing some readings without it.

I ordered mine with the wireless Bluetooth kit....I was hoping that resolved the obd II connection.

Directions say the cable is optional and used for CANbus controls, but honestly I don’t know exactly what that means...Also, I thought our cars trigger an alarm if anything is plugged into the OBDII when the car is locked? (That is what the manual says anyway)

I had the JB4 many years ago and remember the install was easy, but don’t remember the details...

Mine arrives on Saturday...I will post if nobody else has cleared this up. Good luck.

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I ordered mine with the wireless Bluetooth kit....I was hoping that resolved the obd II connection.

Directions say the cable is optional and used for CANbus controls, but honestly I don’t know exactly what that means...Also, I thought our cars trigger an alarm if anything is plugged into the OBDII when the car is locked? (That is what the manual says anyway)

I had the JB4 many years ago and remember the install was easy, but don’t remember the details...

Mine arrives on Saturday...I will post if nobody else has cleared this up. Good luck.
I got the Bluetooth kit also. You will need the JB4 app (27.99) also.

The obd connection is required to clear codes and change CANbus specific settings. No alarms when plugged into the obd2 port lol.
Sponsored